First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
So i've been mentally planning 37 K02s for a while now, as they seem to be the de facto recommended tire 'round these parts. Especially the load Cs. That was all fine and dandy until I learned as a USAA member I can get 25% off all goodyear tires. Granted Goodyear doesn't make a 37, but they do make a 315/70r17 and K02s run small anyway so i assume the K02 would only be a little bigger (the wrangler MTs are 34.4s, i'm expecting the size under load to not exceed 1.5 inches personally).

Now long before i bought a gladiator I was a Bronco reservationist, and the Wrangler MTs (or whatever Ford had Goodyear agree to rename them because they didn't want the words Wrangler on their Bronco) were the factory Bronco Sasquatch package tire. I know over in Bronco-land they are reasonably well regarded tires, but people still said things like "i'll run em til they wear out and replace em with K02s" so I have to assume some of the positive reputation they have is the bias towards a "free" tire.

So my question is: does anyone have experience with both? and if so, would you let a 25% discount sway you?

For reference:
Goodyear 315/70r17s MTs are $242 a pop after discount (1400 for 5 installed)
BFG 37" K02-Cs are $429 per (2400 for 5 installed)
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are'n't really comparing apples to apples.

One is an AT tire, and the other is a MT.
Having test driven a couple of Sasquatch broncos, I can tell you the Wrangler is louder than a K02. Though its pretty quiet for a mud tire.

I'd suggest first learning about the differences between mT and AT tires and then seeing if Goodtyear makes an AT that works for you.

OP
OP
Rahkmalla

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I'd suggest first learning about the differences between mT and AT tires and then seeing if Goodtyear makes an AT that works for you.
I was always told it was more a "mud tire" than a mud tire

IrishRob

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
Just read those Goodyears are OEM on the new Silverado ZR2. FWIW.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S
Occupation
EHS
Well now I know I can get 25% off. I really need to take advantage of these things I pay for.

I like those Wrangler Territory MT on the surface. My buddy just got Duratracs and then I saw the territories which don't look all that different but are considered a "mud terrain". They look more like an all terrain or even a hybrid terrain tire. At least that's what some of the bronco guys are saying. I was also looking at the ultra terrain AT. Knowing I can get 25% off, it'll be a no brainer for me when I need to upgrade.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. I can tell you that they are definitely louder than the Falken ATs that are on my Jeep. Though they were't as loud as the MTs on the Willys I test drove.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
KO2s should come standard on the Gladiator Rubicon and Mojave tbh, still don’t get why Falken is what they chose to use, I don’t like the tires.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
That being said the K02s will ride better because they’re an AT, all MTs are gonna ride worse, K02 is your best all around tire so that’s the route I’d suggest going between these two.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Why not go with the duratrac? 35x12.5R17?

That’s what i did. I’ve liked them so much I just put a set on my wife’s WK2 and also on my kids Xterra.

OP
OP
Rahkmalla

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Why not go with the duratrac? 35x12.5R17?

That’s what i did. I’ve liked them so much I just put a set on my wife’s WK2 and also on my kids Xterra.
Honestly, I've never heard much about them. Guess i'll go read some reviews.

Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Honestly, I've never heard much about them. Guess i'll go read some reviews.
They are more aggressive than an A/T but not a full on M/T.

Most, if not all, are 3PMS (snow rated) and studdable.

They performed great for me in CO this last summer on several trails.

Pilsner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 21 JTR
They are for sure. I like them better than KO2s, but the hold every rock on the road and toss them back at you. More than any tire I have ever used. They are actually pretty decent in snow, but not great in mud. Hopefully the non-oem version has longer lasting tread.

JamesWyatt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
Why not go with the duratrac?...
A lot of anecdotal stories out there about poor sidewall strength and puncture resistance. I had them on a Power Wagon and switched to Toyo MTs.

On my JT Mojave, I'm running E-rated KO2s, which are not as stiff as expected, plus they greatly improved the ability of the vehicle to track a straight line at interstate speeds when compared to the stock tires it came with.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
I want on the GY website for the first time in a long time and the only 37/12.50 17 tire that pulled up was their new Boulder MT.

Jeep Gladiator Goodyear Wrangler Territory MTs vs BFG K02s 1705356372404