Goose Gear Rear Seat Delete Replacement

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
Saw this the other night on YT, looks interesting. Makes for good storage and a nice flat surface on top to put a fridge or whatever. Might be a good choice for some of y'all.

Sponsored

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator, 2002 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Gobi Edition
I ordered the single seat delete on Black Friday, not yet installed. I’ll post pics when it’s done.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Other posts about Goose Gear's rear seat product and rear seat removal...

Goose Gear is offering deals on pre-orders of their second row seat delete setup. Great if you're setting up for overlanding and want to add some custom mounts for gear OR you have pets that will be spending a lot of time back there!
NOTE: These are preorders so will still be a bit before they ship but if this is something you're considering one to look at.

https://www.goose-gear.com/products/jeep-jt-sleeping-platforms-2019
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/rear-seat-platform-after-rear-seat-removal.24177/

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Looks nice but as a contractor and someone that knows how long this would take to fab up + materials I think I'll make one myself. Just over $1k is quite steep for a product like this. Money well spent elsewhere.

OP
OP
noside85

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I saw that post, didn't see anything about the goose gear in it. Just your awesome DIY. I just know that I do not have the tools to make that.
You can do it! I made it and I don't have a table saw - just have a chop saw. I had the plywood cut at Home Depot. The 2x4's and 1-bys can be cut using a hand saw and a miter box :clap:

Eagle02

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC TH
Installed my delete this week, didn’t want to delete the whole seat.. liked the storage and the linex finished bits.. Goose-gear was expensive but well worth the investment for the construction and simple installation... even got to “reuse” my mopar storage box... part of it...

FEC80FF5-7294-4EED-A9DB-5F45D72E2240.jpeg

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my delete this week, didn’t want to delete the whole seat.. liked the storage and the linex finished bits.. Goose-gear was expensive but well worth the investment for the construction and simple installation... even got to “reuse” my mopar storage box... part of it...

FEC80FF5-7294-4EED-A9DB-5F45D72E2240.jpeg
So you had to pull the locking storage to make these work?

Eagle02

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC TH
Correct, you can see that it takes up that area. But storage is more than doubled.

image.jpg

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
1228191309_HDR.jpg
I don't need a back seat.

My only complaint with the Goose Gear plate is that it is not coated with liner on both sides. The more I think about it the more it pisses me off and will ultimately result in me taking it out and finishing the job myself (which I shouldn't have to do).

It is however nicely made, fit with only minor adjustment in the rail structure, and looks very nice. The push/release catches on the trap doors are a little finicky.

Would buy again, but would also ask that they coat it 100%.

Sponsored

Gladiator Overland

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner
I made my own for $30

67701D11-24DF-4CF5-A334-C348F655FF95.jpeg
Why do people do this? I dont mean make your own. But someone posts a post about the goose gear install and you are like I did my own for $30. Why does it matter you chose to go one way and another another way.

In full disclosure anyone can do their own. But even as shown in you diy it is fas as eloquent of a install than the goose gear. Now personally I am seriously interested in the goose gear product and until someone makes another similar product for less that is of equal quality. Ill nickel and dime it to get a solution that I feel matches for my build. Just saying I dont get the but hey I did it cheaper rub.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Why do people do this? I dont mean make your own. But someone posts a post about the goose gear install and you are like I did my own for $30. Why does it matter you chose to go one way and another another way.

In full disclosure anyone can do their own. But even as shown in you diy it is fas as eloquent of a install than the goose gear. Now personally I am seriously interested in the goose gear product and until someone makes another similar product for less that is of equal quality. Ill nickel and dime it to get a solution that I feel matches for my build. Just saying I dont get the but hey I did it cheaper rub.
20180823_201343-649039.jpg

Maybe a little over reaction there, try some decaf.

There is nothing wrong with posting alternatives, if it isn't what interests you just scroll on by, but there is no need in berating somebody for posting something you personally feel is impertinent, as it may be exactly the impetus needed to bump somebody else off of high center and encourage them to do something themselves they otherwise would not.

I bought the GG plate. There are pics of it and if you have any questions feel free to ask, I'll answer gladly

Gladiator Overland

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner
20180823_201343-649039.jpg

Maybe a little over reaction there, try some decaf.

There is nothing wrong with posting alternatives, if it isn't what interests you just scroll on by, but there is no need in berating somebody for posting something you personally feel is impertinent, as it may be exactly the impetus needed to bump somebody else off of high center and encourage them to do something themselves they otherwise would not.

I bought the GG plate. There are pics of it and if you have any questions feel free to ask, I'll answer gladly

It was all in the presentation. As seen that you took my post differently than I intended as well. It had nothing to do with differing opinions or offering a different solution. The way it was put seemed as if he called out the poster as a fool for spending the money on the goose gear product. Maybe I am reading too much into it. I have to admit I definitely see things through different colored glasses than most. I know it is my combat deployments and time in that has done that. Perhaps a bit too forward for most? Take care.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
It was all in the presentation. As seen that you took my post differently than I intended as well. It had nothing to do with differing opinions or offering a different solution. The way it was put seemed as if he called out the poster as a fool for spending the money on the goose gear product. Maybe I am reading too much into it. I have to admit I definitely see things through different colored glasses than most. I know it is my combat deployments and time in that has done that. Perhaps a bit too forward for most? Take care.
I know, sometimes absent facial expression and vocal intonation some content and intent is lost. Then we are left to imagine the circumstances we personally would use that language.

Maybe he does think someone is a fool for spending that kind of money on a plate. Someone else may look at a home built rig and think something unflattering.

I'm not white knighting the home builders or beating you up either one. I just don't think we need to discourage people from following their own path, whether we agree with it or not.
Sponsored