Sponsored

Gorilla Glass Order Delays

Did your gladiator with gorilla glass get to D1 status yet?

• Total voters

BMac316

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
Curious if anyone who ordered the gorilla glass option on a new gladiator has entered D1 status yet? I was stoked to see the gorilla glass option (after multiple window cracks on my JK) and even more excited when I saw it was only a $95 option. I got a little less excited about it when I saw on the JL forum that there are pages and pages of users in D status who all seem to have the gorilla glass option in common.

So the big question is, has anybody ordered a JT with the gorilla glass option and made it to D1 status yet? I’m hoping to hear some encouraging news but I worry the gorilla glass option is going to really delay my order.
Sponsored

ChimeraJT

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green JTR Diesel
Occupation
Tech
OP
OP

BMac316

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
I'm not buying the info in that article. I ordered mine 6/25 and it was $95 as well. Seemed like a steal. I better not get a surprise on the invoice when it arrives and find it marked up another $600....

And by the way my order is still in D status as of 7/12.
That price in the article is probably accurate, they wanted like $500 to replace my JK windshield with factory glass (which just means a big flat piece of glass with a little Jeep sticker in the corner). The $95 is probably more of a price difference between the overpriced factory windshield and the gorilla glass. Although at that small a price difference they should have just made it standard equipment and raised the price of the truck by $100. I’m still stuck in D status too with an order date of 06/23… although if they announce 2022 model year ordering tomorrow I’m not sure what will happen to our 2021 builds that are stuck in limbo.

RaleighRubicon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting Grey Gladiator Rubicon
I am close to ordering from Tri-Cities. (with gorilla glass) I have never ordered a vehicle before. I too am curious about what happens if/when they announce the next model year. When does a dealer get notified of order bank closures and openings? Is there a gap or overlap?

Sponsored

BRAVOZULU9

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon; 2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Ordered 6/26
D1 status with 8/4 ETA
Just got updated today.
That's refreshing to hear. Did that update come from Jeep chat or your dealer? I suppose you're not far from Toledo...would be nice if they'd just let you pick it up from the factory!

Suburban Mojave

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
That's refreshing to hear. Did that update come from Jeep chat or your dealer? I suppose you're not far from Toledo...would be nice if they'd just let you pick it up from the factory!
Dealer gave me the update.
was gonna try to switch colors now Gecko is available and was told in D1 status so I could not change color at this point.
I would Gladly drive up to Toledo to take delivery

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
DEPENDING on the options of your JT - I spoke with a person who WORKS for the company that designed and tested and released the Gorilla glass for the JT and back then he said the glass that would work with the ACC and other options was slated for release in 6 weeks. Well, that was about 3 weeks ago. Assuming from the time it's released to Jeep/FCA to the point of real numbers being produced is at least a couple of weeks - what does one expect?
OK, here's his EXACT message sent to me on 7/1/21 - he works at the glass company -

Your glass is to be released within the next 6 weeks

I asked him about the JT with adaptive cruise, forward collision, etc. At the time I asked if mine had broken I could not have gotten the JT gorilla glass for my options.
He asked the engineer who worked with that specific design.

metzy25

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
I also was just updated by my dealer today. I have a Willys getting built with Gorilla glass. Build date of 8/4.

Sponsored

BRAVOZULU9

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also was just updated by my dealer today. I have a Willys getting built with Gorilla glass. Build date of 8/4.
build date of 8/4 or delivery date?

BRAVOZULU9

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorry I should probably know this but does the build date reference when it’s complete or when the build starts?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
In MY case, the dealer gave me the "build date" and it happened to be the day it was finished.
And that makes sense as so many things are dependent on the "build date" of the truck - such as the electronics and other things. TSBs look at things like "built on or before xx/xx/xxxx" for example. Well - that almost has to mean finished. (at least to me)

OP
OP

BMac316

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
So I was excited to see gorilla glass orders start getting build dates, especially people who ordered after me… Jeep chat quickly killed that excitement with the standard gathering parts required for your build response they give me every week.
I saw it mentioned that the glass is different for jeeps with ACC, did anyone who got a build date get the adaptive cruise control?
I didn’t get it but with my luck those will be the only gorilla glass windshields they have in stock.

metzy25

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Gladiator
Occupation
Sales
build date of 8/4 or delivery date?
My dealer said 8/4 should be right around the time it should be finished and should be delivered to the dealer within 10 days.
Sponsored