First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator willy
Occupation
Consultant
So the other day I got a long crack in my 2022 windshield. It's the gorilla glass. Well just calling around it's 900-1500 to replace that glass. So to YouTube I went. I found a gladiator guy that said he got a letter from Mopar about a warranty if he switches his older gladiator from normal glass to gorilla glass.

Warranty is here: https://www.mopar.com/en-us/shop/parts/gorilla-glass.html

So I took this to 3 different shops and all 3 said no way not real won't cover it.

I called a dealer locally and they said bring it in and they will ask Mopar.

Well I did and they did and guess what it's legit. New window ordered and being installed. They said they NEVER have heard of this and have replaced dozens of gorilla glass windows.

So all this to be said... If you find a warranty bring it up. Saved me an easy grand.

Hope it helps someone else.

Btw I will not replace gorilla glass on my own dime. Regular window it is. The rock that chipped the glass was miniscule and if that's what I can expect from the better glass I'll just replace with normal. It's not worth it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ruttdigger

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator willy
Occupation
Consultant
Just giving my experience. Sorry for a repost.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 gladiator rubicon
Thanks for sharing your experience. I didn't even try the warranty at the dealer. I've read multiple posts on this and was well prepped to assume it wasn't warrantied. I have a $100 deductible on all my cars glass after learning years ago the costs of windshields these days, have extra windshield insurance. Well I cracked mine two days ago pretty bad. Went in for my appointment with safelite yesterday and got my windshield replaced with what they supplied me. More gorilla glass. So again $100 was my deductible. Guess my point is I'm hoping you don't get a rock chip again and if you do hopefully you changed your insurance deductible on glass. I would hate to be stuck with a high windshield bill. Friggin bad luck man with the rocks. We have a JK and after 5 years in that never once had a rock chip.

20221014_113753.jpg

Sponsored

QuintusMaximus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2022 JT

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver

QuintusMaximus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2022 JT
I have full glass coverage without a deductible that costs less than the film.
My deductible is $500, so it made sense for me. Also assuming my jt would have broken windows at the same rate as my old JK, it should get about 3 times as long from the film as I used to get from a windshield. So even if my deductible was $100, the film should be cheaper for me.

That's the theory anyway, I have only had it on for a bit at this point. So far so good, but only time will tell.
Sponsored