Gorilla Glass. Yes or No?

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes SLK300 MINI Cooper S Volvo XC40
Should I replace my windshield that cracked with standard glass or gorilla glass?

They say the Gorilla glass is lighter. Does anyone know what the windshield weighs in both forms?

Thanks!!!!
Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Should I replace my windshield that cracked with standard glass or gorilla glass?

They say the Gorilla glass is lighter. Does anyone know what the windshield weighs in both forms?

Thanks!!!!
I broke 2 Mopar windshields. I just installed Gorilla glass...... I can tell you this -- if you install regular glass, you will keep braking them.... so, trying Gorilla glass was a no brainer for me.

2g5kn6.jpg

OP
OP
xpcdoojk

xpcdoojk

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes SLK300 MINI Cooper S Volvo XC40
Thanks. Kind of mirrors my thinking. Although this is my first replacement.

Any other opinions out there?

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I'm right at a year now with HGP Gorilla Glass, another 15K miles or so, and zero chips/dings/damage. I have heard HARD hits but no harm, no foul.

Different laminate order than the Mopar glass, but the core concept is a winner for me.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
This is like asking if we like money or not… get the gorilla glass. It’s top end and people that get it hardly has issues.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Thanks!!!!
Should have made this a pole. Did you read the other threads on the same topic?

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/gorilla-glass.35901/

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/anybody-got-gorilla-glass.23797/

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...acement-now-available-for-jt-gladiator.40924/

raypla

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD Stingray
Occupation
Facility Planner
Had the gorilla glass on my JK, State Farm upgraded my broken windshield for no charge. My understanding of the product is it had the same “soda” coating laminated to the GG layer. When I traded it in, after 6 months, a few knicks were present in the outside of the windshield, but nothing that would fail inspection.
Jeep Gladiator Gorilla Glass.  Yes or No? 79D1619C-4292-4A5E-BBE8-6B91350BEF64

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland

Thanks!!!!
Yes, it's a no brainer and the option wasn't even available until like September, standard Mopar windshield is absolute utter trash, I went through 3 just driving on pavement.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I broke the oem and replaced it with a 3rd party that is holding up well but when it breaks and it will I will do gorilla glass

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Is there a backorder on Gorilla Glass? It wasn't readily available last time I needed it. Had the idea of just throwing it into the garage and waiting for the inevitable.

Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland

Trailman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I bought a glass insurance package on the Jeep from the dealer when I purchased the Gladiator (I know, I know). I've been actually hoping for some broken windshields to recoup my investment.

Has anyone tried getting a dealer to install Gorilla Glass through one of these plans? The plan gives me the option of taking OEM or 3rd party, but it has a lifetime payout cap. So if you take OEM you'll use it up on fewer windshields. I wonder if they would see the GG as a win for them since they are less likely to replace it again after putting one on.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Is there a backorder on Gorilla Glass? It wasn't readily available last time I needed it. Had the idea of just throwing it into the garage and waiting for the inevitable.
I called my local glass shop last week. He had the Jeep Gorilla glass with no sensors there the next day. No problem. It was painless. Price was $930 out the door cash including tax. If you have sensors, it will be more...
Sponsored