Sponsored

Got her back yesterday! Custom sound system is just .... WOW!!!

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Nice build!

I'm right around the corner in Severna Park
Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I been tossing around if I want to move to the Heigh 10 unit from my 7 inch. But I am not really looking for a mind blowing sound system just something a bit better than the stock so that I can hear things with the top and doors off when on the freeway. I see they are having a sale on the units currently as the price of the units had gotten quite expensive

OP
OP
AyeCantSeeYou

AyeCantSeeYou

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Construction Superintendent
I been tossing around if I want to move to the Heigh 10 unit from my 7 inch. But I am not really looking for a mind blowing sound system just something a bit better than the stock so that I can hear things with the top and doors off when on the freeway. I see they are having a sale on the units currently as the price of the units had gotten quite expensive
Keep in mind that isn't just the Heigh 10 you'll need. There's the harness kit as well.

Reactions: BAT

ShawnL

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Sales
I built a similiar system, audio control d6.1200, illusion 6.5, illusion 4" components, kicker l7 8". going to add another d6.1200 with 6.5" and 2.5" wideband for the soundbar.
I paid a shop to install speakers and a different amp. They did a horrible job, I didnt want to learn car audio over over again, walked in willing to pay. shop screwed themselves for under selling. I spent easy another $1500 when I left... since they didnt sell me the right equipment.
I would stay away from Car Tunes in Brandon, Fl
All in Im about $3000-$3500 plus my tuning time/ learning curve but I buy equipment wholesale
Any idea as to what Adapter plates they used to add 4 speakers into the soundbar?

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice install. Yeah, that is not some Best Buy slapping lipstick on a pig and sending it out install.

I actually have that same DeWalt inverter sitting in my Garage still in the box. I may copy your install of yours.
One benefit of the big inverter is you can run a "real" compressor that you bring with you only when you are off road that will blow away the big dollar Gucci branded compressors for pennies on the dollar.

I've played around with this and it will run off the onboard inverter, but is slow.
https://www.harborfreight.com/1-gal...-hand-carry-jobsite-air-compressor-64592.html

I've used this one. twice the power and still small and quiet, but needs more starting wattage than the onboard can deliver.

https://www.harborfreight.com/2-gal...-hand-carry-jobsite-air-compressor-64596.html

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Mojave & 2022 JLU High-Tide
Occupation
Retired Marine; Divorce Attorney
11k is not that much when you factor in how much that equipment is. Also the power wire alone is extremely expensive now.
I love the 10 under the seat. Is that a custom build box or are prefab?

OP
OP
AyeCantSeeYou

AyeCantSeeYou

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
11k is not that much when you factor in how much that equipment is. Also the power wire alone is extremely expensive now.
I love the 10 under the seat. Is that a custom build box or are prefab?
Custom build.

ryanlsmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Says 4 camera inputs, but one of the pics shows Front, Rear, Left Mirror, Right Mirror, and Aux. Is it 4 extra "Aux" on top of those standard ones? Are the mirror ones fixed inputs, i.e. can't remove/rename? I assume Front/Rear tap directly into factory front Trail Cam and reverse cam?

Sponsored

OP
OP
AyeCantSeeYou

AyeCantSeeYou

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Says 4 camera inputs, but one of the pics shows Front, Rear, Left Mirror, Right Mirror, and Aux. Is it 4 extra "Aux" on top of those standard ones? Are the mirror ones fixed inputs, i.e. can't remove/rename? I assume Front/Rear tap directly into factory front Trail Cam and reverse cam?
It only allows for 4 camera inputs. The mirror ones can be used for whatever camera you want it to be for. I do know Stinger sells blind spot cameras for the JT, so those can be wired into the "mirror" inputs.

Keep in mind that with the Heigh 10, you do not lose any of the OEM steering controls, media outlets, etc.