Got My Rubicon For A Steal

Rubistin

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I just joined after getting my Rubicon today (August 17th 2019). I’ve been checking this forum incessantly for color release dates for the last few months. Anyway, I was doing my daily checks on cars.com for any Sting Gray Gladiators and saw that a dealer in the valley (in AZ by the way) had a White Rubicon listed at $44k ($4K off). I made an appointment to check it out and ended up going with the white.

My Rubicon is the automatic with a black hard top + tow package (so pretty basic, but at $1000 above MSRP I can’t complain).

I was told they were going to not stop with this one, so if there are any to be gladiator buyers reading this go to Moore Chrysler Jeep in Peoria, AZ and check in with Spencer (Finance Manager). I was a first time buyer and they treated me right (salesman even got me a few gifts from their accessory store). Salesman was Henry btw (super nice guy). Make sure you tell them you heard it here.

Anyway, I’m super excited to finally have a gladiator! I grew up with a Grand Cherokee and my parents purchased a Cherokee Limited not to long ago, but this Rubicon is on a whole different level.Glad to be a part of the forum and thanks for reading!

D48423C1-58AA-4C60-9F4B-42234AD13280.jpeg
Sponsored

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
That's a good deal. A Rubicon for Sport S prices. I can't remember does AZ have sales tax? I was in Peoria a year and a half ago. Got some shirts and a poker chip to bring home to AK from Arrowhead Harley. Love the state.

OP
OP
Rubistin

Rubistin

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
That's a good deal. A Rubicon for Sport S prices. I can't remember does AZ have sales tax? I was in Peoria a year and a half ago. Got some shirts and a poker chip to bring home to AK from Arrowhead Harley. Love the state.
AZ does have sales tax, so the price came out it right at $48k. Which I wasn’t to miffed about because it was still a $4k savings compared to any other dealer (at least in AZ). I grew up here in AZ and wish I could say I love it. Maybe having a 4x4 will reinvigorate what I like about being here. Lots of places now to go and explore, but the heats a killer!

OP
OP
Rubistin

Rubistin

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Wait. How is $1,000 ABOVE sticker considered a steal?
MSRP for a Gladiator Rubicon with a manual transmission and nothing added is $43,545. Adding an automatic trans adds $2,000 and the black hardtop is another $1,195. Plus adding in the auxiliary switches, trailer-tow package and LED lights adds another $1,540.
So, total would be $48,280 with all the add-ons. Right about what I payed after AZ tax. At any other dealer (in AZ) at any other time I would have walked out spending around $52-$53k after taxes.

Bought it for the price of most advertised Sport S’s (in AZ at least).

Sponsored

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
MSRP for a Gladiator Rubicon with a manual transmission and nothing added is $43,545. Adding an automatic trans adds $2,000 and the black hardtop is another $1,195. Plus adding in the auxiliary switches, trailer-tow package and LED lights adds another $1,540.
So, total would be $48,280 with all the add-ons. Right about what I payed after AZ tax. At any other dealer (in AZ) at any other time I would have walked out spending around $52-$53k after taxes.

OK, sounds like you are happy with your deal and your new Gladiator. Cool. And I'm very happy for you. However, I would politely suggest most people would not consider that a "steal".

OP
OP
Rubistin

Rubistin

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
OK, sounds like you are happy with your deal and your new Gladiator. Cool. And I'm very happy for you. However, I would politely suggest most people would not consider that a "steal".
Thanks for the kind words and I completely understand. I may have been just too excited for the deal I got and got carried away with my phrasing. Have an awesome Sunday!

Raven

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow

But your gladiator doesn’t have the LED light group...

OP
OP
Rubistin

Rubistin

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
But your gladiator doesn’t have the LED light group...
I totally thought otherwise, but after looking at them again you’re right. Thanks for pointing that out. I will have to get the build sheet from them soon, to see what the exact add ons are. I know for sure I’ve got everything else listed there.

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Wait. How is $1,000 ABOVE sticker considered a steal?
It's right around sticker only because of sales tax. Something out of your control unless you're traveling out of your state or living in a state that doesn't have sales tax. 44 for the truck with the options he got I'd be happy with. I live in a no sales tax state so I got more options and paid less overall but if I'd gotten a Rubicon with auto trans and hardtop for 44 I would not be upset. The MSRP on a Rubicon with nothing but delivery is 45...

Sponsored

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
Confusion over phrasing is all. You paid $4000 under MSRP, but $1000 over “Base MSRP”.

It’s a solid deal, you can be happy with it.