First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT
I was finally able to find a winch mount that let me keep the factory look so much that it let me keep the factory bumper. I only had to loosen it to do the install. So far I'm super pleased with the look. I was going to do some install pics but thier own video is simple and it shows all you need to know. The instal was simple and easy. I'm not sure you need instructions other then to show the orientation of the two back brackets. Now I can make a trip over to the national forest 20 minutes away with a bit more confidence of coming home.

https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-90205.htm

20221218_160658.jpg

20221218_160703.jpg

20221218_160711.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
charliez

charliez

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Had to try it out on the old Hoople

PW45

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Dad, Veteran, Electrical Engineer
how much clearance is there between the winch and the grill?

OP
OP
charliez

charliez

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Trying to show a reference with a finger. The winch itself there is plenty. With the first plate I tried the power cables were smashed against the grill and had I kept with that one I would have relocated the relay box. This one allows plenty of room and I simply fed the two large wires through a grill opening very easily

Sponsored

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
I was finally able to find a winch mount that let me keep the factory look so much that it let me keep the factory bumper. I only had to loosen it to do the install. So far I'm super pleased with the look. I was going to do some install pics but thier own video is simple and it shows all you need to know. The instal was simple and easy. I'm not sure you need instructions other then to show the orientation of the two back brackets. Now I can make a trip over to the national forest 20 minutes away with a bit more confidence of coming home.

https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-90205.htm

Jeep Gladiator Got my winch in with the factory bumper 20221220_121306

Looks great!

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Looks good. I had the plate on mine early on but changed my mind because I don’t want to block my trail cam. You don’t have one so it’s no issue.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Trying to show a reference with a finger. The winch itself there is plenty. With the first plate I tried the power cables were smashed against the grill and had I kept with that one I would have relocated the relay box. This one allows plenty of room and I simply fed the two large wires through a grill opening very easily
What was the first plate you tried? I was only aware of the one you have now.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
A lot easier (and likely cheaper) than what I did - but I tow and didn't want the grill blocked even a little bit. (and wanted an excuse for the steel bumper LOL)

You saved yourself a lot of weight up there that way.

OP
OP
charliez

charliez

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
I tried the Rugged Ridge 11543.16 Spartacus Winch Plate; there wasn't anything wrong with it and it fit. There is a thread showing someone using ?? plate and modifying the factory bumper by cutting it to go around it. With the winch I have the plate for that attempt to do the same mod didn't matter. With this winch jammed against the grill if I cut this bumper to go around it there wouldn't be anything left of it so it was get another bumper or a different mount type. This plate randomly popped up on a YouTube suggestion and I watched it several times and decided to send the other back and try this one. This one uses the factory hooks as part of its anchor or mount. I would have preferred to keep those usable but with everything I looked at there is always something not perfect. They include two new hooks on this plate so you still have your hooks. I'll be looking at painting the new hooks red eventually

OP
OP
charliez

charliez

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
You saved yourself a lot of weight up there that way.

Yes and some $$$ on the overall cost. One review I found of this plate they guy talked about damage to the bumper while on a trail, and since it's what everyone is taking off they are easy to find and not as expensive as having to replace a steel bumper if something happens. I've seen one of these posted around my area for $80 so it's affordable to replace if I have an ooops

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2021 BMW M2, 2012 Monster 1100evo
Occupation
Business Intelligence
I love this option for those of us that like the stock bumper (and are perhaps too cheap to want to buy an aftermarket one)

I knew I should have optioned those aux switches!

OP
OP
charliez

charliez

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
I'm thinking about finding a set if factory switches and adding them. As long as I can get the correct panel of switches I can do any wiring that I need. The single thing I have found that fits in the tray where they go so far is a sticker of a plum. Long story but otherwise the micro cubby is practically useless
Sponsored