Sponsored

Got the opportunity I was looking for, now what?

MF Comics

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Manual Bronco
First of all, how's everyone been?

So long story short, wound up getting a Ram Rebel back in January (Finance) as I was told by my boss (Dad, family business) I need to tow 8k occasionally.

Fast forward to last night, went with the family out for dinner/ice cream and since I was in their Range Rover, we all saw a Black Gladiator next to us and after some discussion with the folks, I was told I no longer need to tow, and to get the Gladiator if I want.

So now, as I've never been in this situation, how do I proceed, since once the Retrograde ends on the 1st, I plan on custom ordering the Rubi I want (Punk'n and Manual)

Thanks in advance for answering this inane question

Mike
Sponsored

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
First of all, how's everyone been?

So long story short, wound up getting a Ram Rebel back in January (Finance) as I was told by my boss (Dad, family business) I need to tow 8k occasionally.

Fast forward to last night, went with the family out for dinner/ice cream and since I was in their Range Rover, we all saw a Black Gladiator next to us and after some discussion with the folks, I was told I no longer need to tow, and to get the Gladiator if I want.

So now, as I've never been in this situation, how do I proceed, since once the Retrograde ends on the 1st, I plan on custom ordering the Rubi I want (Punk'n and Manual)

Thanks in advance for answering this inane question

Mike
It seems like those who are waiting for their perfect color are just going to be waiting. I would jump on the first JT you find that you like, color aside. But likely you will have to order one if you want manual.

OP
OP
MF Comics

MF Comics

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Manual Bronco
It seems like those who are waiting for their perfect color are just going to be waiting. I would jump on the first JT you find that you like, color aside. But likely you will have to order one if you want manual.
Yeah, I waited all summer for my old Mustang and my cousin waited all winter for his Redeye, so what's a little more waiting

So it's more I just go to them and say, "I want to order a Gladiator, and since I got the truck here, I'll trade it back once it arrives", or?

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Yeah talk to a salesman and tell him you want to order a truck and that you'll have a trade-in when it arrives. You will put a 1k deposit down to prove you are serious and they'll order it. My dealer called me last week and told me Punk'n would be available to order on the 15th of July if I wanted to do that instead of Gator which I put a deposit on but won't be available to order until September. Then it's another 12 weeks according to the sales guy before it gets to you. I think I'll end up going with the Punk'n just to get the thing a little sooner. Wife wants Punk'n I wanted Gator. But 5 more months of waiting is a long time.

OP
OP
MF Comics

MF Comics

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Manual Bronco
Yeah talk to a salesman and tell him you want to order a truck and that you'll have a trade-in when it arrives. You will put a 1k deposit down to prove you are serious and they'll order it. My dealer called me last week and told me Punk'n would be available to order on the 15th of July if I wanted to do that instead of Gator which I put a deposit on but won't be available to order until September. Then it's another 12 weeks according to the sales guy before it gets to you. I think I'll end up going with the Punk'n just to get the thing a little sooner. Wife wants Punk'n I wanted Gator. But 5 more months of waiting is a long time.
Perfect

Like I said, once the Retrograde ends, I'm making a move (https://www.findyourfate.com/planets/mercuryretrograde-july2019.html)

5 months huh? Perfect, I can stockpile parts during that time xD

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
The kicker for you is finding a dealer that will sell a JT at a fair price. I’ve not heard of any dealers in NJ willing to sell below invoice.
You may want to contact Travis at Tri City Jeep in Eden NC to get a great price.

Many on here have had a great experience with him including me so far.

You could literally save several thousand dollars...over NJ dealer prices.

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
The kicker for you is finding a dealer that will sell a JT at a fair price. I’ve not heard of any dealers in NJ willing to sell below invoice.
You may want to contact Travis at Tri City Jeep in Eden NC to get a great price.

Many on here have had a great experience with him including me so far.

You could literally save several thousand dollars...over NJ dealer prices.
Criswell in Maryland also offering 5% off and you don't need to finance with them. Also, it's a lot closer.

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2015 Jeep Renegade
I'm assuming you will be trading the Ram in? If so it really doesn't matter if someone will offer you 5% below invoice, your wildcard is what they will give you for the Ram. My dealer gave me 1% under invoice on my truck so I worked him over on my trade. I ended up getting about 5000.00 more than I was expecting on my trade and used some of that money to pay down my lease.
Sponsored