First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Unlimited Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Home theater tech
I have owned Jeeps for many years and since taking delivery of the Overland last month my wife is interested in the Grand Cherokee. Any experience or pros and cons would be greatly appreciated! We also have a 2010 unlimited sport but the mileage is getting up there!
Sponsored

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
My wife had a 2012 Jeep Wrangler unlimited sahara she traded it in on 2017 grand Cherokee, (well we traded it) she likes it a lot other than the cargo room and space we had for our fur babies, mainly height wise, other than that loves the ride and how quiet it is over the wrangler

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Grand Cherokees are fantastic, but I've, also, only owned the top trim levels. There are great deals to be had right now with the new L's coming out this Spring. It's our next Jeep as soon as we can drive it and feel like Jeep finally got the 3rd row right!

Dash68

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR
Occupation
Astronaut
My wife is on her second GC after t-boning a '77 Oldsmobile at 55 mph that blasted through a stop sign at an intersection. Her '12 GC Laredo X was totaled but she walked away shaken but uninjured. She now has a '14 GC Limited that has been problem free except for the radio head unit that was replaced under warranty when it seized operations. It is go on 90,000 miles. The '12 GC she had went to the service department multiple times, first to replace both front wheel bearings, then the water pump, then the electric power steering pump, and lastly the power steering lines. All was done under the original warranty or the extended warranty. Interesting, it was going on 110,000 miles on the original brake pads and rotors when it was totaled. I checked the brakes twice a year when I installed and uninstalled the snow tires and they were at 3/8" pad thickness front and back at the last tire swap. I have a '17 GC Trailhawk with 45,000 miles that I use for my business that has been flawless so far.

All of the GC's we've owned were bought used off one year leases that had 10 to 12 thousand miles and came with the Chrysler extended powertrain warranty. The price of these vehicles used drops dramatically from there original new car price and they don't seem to hold there value like the Wranglers so if buying one plan to keep for the long haul. The new Grand Cherokee L three row seating models will be showing up on lots this spring and are supposed to come with more amenities standard than the current models have. The new two row seating models will be back for the 2022 model year.
Sponsored