• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

G_S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator
First post
I am sorry if so am doing it in the wrong spot.

I am sure there are bunch of these, which color do I choose threads.
And this is another on.

I plain on ordering mine this week.
And I am stuck between 2 colors.

The granite crystal & stingray gray.
The Stingray gray in looks so dang good is some photo, but not so much in others.
And for the Granite Crystal, I can not tell any difference to others is some photos.

So I am asking a strangers on the internet; what do I do?? What color do I order my Gladator in???

Pictures would be nice.
Bonus points if with black rims.
Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Check out the StingGrey thread in the Show and Tell Section. They are gorgeous, and you get at least three colors for your money!

But the damn thing looks good in every color, IMO. Never said that before about a car/truck. My personal preference is for the flat colors.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
It depends on how anal you are about keeping it clean. I like to keep my Jeeps looking clean(I will wash them the day we get back from an offroad park). I've had my Sting Gray for a couple weeks now and only washed it yesterday because my fenders/top started to look a little dirty after some rain showers. I nearly purchased a granite crystal JK, and while a beautiful color it almost looks black in certain lights. That alone scared me away from it on the JK. I've owned a few black vehicles in my past, and I always felt like I spent more time cleaning them than driving.

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
Had a Granite Crystal(GC) JK, then a GC JLU Sahara Last year, then moved onto a Sting Grey JLU Rubicon late last year, and I will tell you that hands down I'd pick Sting Grey again and again...trust me, had my White JT for 2 months now and the temptation to trade for a Sting Grey is real!
Sting Grey for the Win!(I liked my GC, but feel it better fits cars vs Jeeps) Just my opinionā€¦.
Pic of the SG Rubi I traded for the JT below...

Gladiator delivery day 1.jpg

OP
OP

G_S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator
Check out the StingGrey thread in the Show and Tell Section. They are gorgeous, and you get at least three colors for your money!

But the damn thing looks good in every color, IMO. Never said that before about a car/truck. My personal preference is for the flat colors.

That was the thread that made, me create this one.
In some photos the StinGray Gray in looks INCREDIBLE!!!! But other photos not so much....

Sponsored

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
how close do you think stingray gray is to gator?

Sponsored

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S on 35's, Mopar 2" lift, `96 XJ, 97 ZJ, `99 Camaro LS1
After almost purchasing a Granite crystal JK a couple years ago, all I can say is based on how fancy these colors have become: find one of each in person...doesn't have to be the JT...go to the dealerships and see them in person. If possible, test drive each, have two or three spots in mind to drive to. 1: surrounded by grass and trees 2: open paved parking lot 3: repeat 1 and 2 but on two separate days, one day under blue sky and sun, and another day under clouds. These are the conditions I see the biggest differences. Ultimately I didn't make the granite purchase because I couldn't get passed what looked to me like a brownish-purple-ish hint under certain lighting/locations. I have seen a Sting Gray JL in several locations, both under clouds and blue sky, love it all around. Good luck.

sbetts

First Name
SB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray Rubicon
We were between these two color choices as well. Waiting on our SG to show up. Ultimately decided against the GC for 2 reasons 1) it looks very close to black going down the road. Having owned a black car we didnt want another one. 2) we too found that the GC had a bit of a funky brown tint in it under certain lighting. I agree with those above who suggest to go see the colors in person. SG isn't for everyone and GC with the metallic flake is beautiful as well. Its a personal preference. The JT is a lot of money, you're likely to be paying for it for a long time so take the time to assess what color you will be happy with for the long haul! You cant really go wrong with either one!

bhbdvm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon, 2016 BMW R1200GS
I like both and ultimately chose the Sting Gray. To me the granite crystal turned into a blah black.

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ā€˜17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ā€˜73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
Sting Gray ordered. Already have a Granite
Grand Cherokee. A great colour. Having 2 of the same colour isnā€™t in my personality. Variety!
Do what you like, like what ya do!
Cheers

MATANZAS STING RAY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Stingrey Gladiator from Travis
how close do you think stingray gray is to gator?
Stingrey is not close to Gator.... Stingrey is grey, Gator is more like Gobi but darker.... not much green in Gator... both do change in the lighting but Stingrey stays truer to its base color.....
Sponsored