First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland Punkā€™n
Occupation
Engineer
I just installed the VAVA 2K Dual Dash Cam. Needed something that would be low profile and work with the ACC box and also have an interior camera.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085Y61W5V

I was able to take apart the suction mount and screw the bottom most piece into the ACC in place of one of the fastening pins. Worked out really well:

Jeep Gladiator Great Dash Cam if you have ACC module tempImagejfKtjK
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed the VAVA 2K Dual Dash Cam. Needed something that would be low profile and work with the ACC box and also have an interior camera.

I was able to take apart the suction mount and screw the bottom most piece into the ACC in place of one of the fastening pins. Worked out really well:

I like that. I think I'm going to get one. I'm going to see if I can find a right angle adapter for the cable and mount it on the other side, if it doesn't put the screen too far away.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
How far does this hang down below the mirror?

Sponsored

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase

Can you take a picture from where your head would be in the driver's seat? This looks like it might be great as long as it doesn't hang down too far. How did you power it?

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.

Stupid question: what does ACC stand for?

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
It certainly looks huge on the windshield compared to other models. I like where mine sits on my windshield

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
I like that - can you show pics of front and rear camera view? As well as how it looks to you from the drives seat, how much it is visible behind the mirror. Also, can you provide detail on what you did to the mount to fit it to the housing. Thx!

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Stupid question: what does ACC stand for?
Adaptive Cruise Control - it's awesome if you drive a lot of long-distance and have periodic traffic. You set the cruise control speed and it will maintain that speed until you come up behind another vehicle. At that point it will slow and maintain a steady distance behind that vehicle until they accelerate faster than your cruise speed or get out from in front of you. It will slow you all the way to a stop if you're in stop and go traffic, but once you've been stopped for a couple of seconds you have to press the brake to maintain a stop. It makes it a lot easier to set-and-forget your cruise control instead of having to cancel/resume every time you come up behind someone.

Sponsored

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
Adaptive Cruise Control - it's awesome if you drive a lot of long-distance and have periodic traffic. You set the cruise control speed and it will maintain that speed until you come up behind another vehicle. At that point it will slow and maintain a steady distance behind that vehicle until they accelerate faster than your cruise speed or get out from in front of you. It will slow you all the way to a stop if you're in stop and go traffic, but once you've been stopped for a couple of seconds you have to press the brake to maintain a stop. It makes it a lot easier to set-and-forget your cruise control instead of having to cancel/resume every time you come up behind someone.
Ahhh, the infamous adaptive cruise control. Don't get me started lol....

So I didnā€™t get ACC on my build, I wonā€™t have the ability to mount it there? Isnā€™t that where the automatic wiper sensor is too? Thatā€™s such a handy place to mount it.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Ahhh, the infamous adaptive cruise control. Don't get me started lol....

So I didnā€™t get ACC on my build, I wonā€™t have the ability to mount it there? Isnā€™t that where the automatic wiper sensor is too? Thatā€™s such a handy place to mount it.
You can buy the ACC housing separately. Someone did that and mounted the device inside it where the camera and radar box would usually be.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
I didnā€™t get ACC on my build, I wonā€™t have the ability to mount it there? Isnā€™t that where the automatic wiper sensor is too?
Wasnā€™t aware that auto wipers was an option...

OP
OP
GladFox

GladFox

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland Punkā€™n
Occupation
Engineer
I like that - can you show pics of front and rear camera view? As well as how it looks to you from the drives seat, how much it is visible behind the mirror. Also, can you provide detail on what you did to the mount to fit it to the housing. Thx!
Here are some more pics. I removed the metal plate from the mount (4 tiny screws), then removed the ball joint (one screw). That left just the part you see mounted. I found a screw that had a head big enough to not come out the hole and a thread diameter big enough to grip the expanding part of the fastener in the box. After screwing the mount on, I put the metal plate and four screws back on.

I still havenā€™t run the wiring, but Iā€™m planning on adding a socket behind the dash for the adapter.

9D63C4BD-EBE9-46AC-B7CF-8F4D32CA80BF.jpeg

0CA80305-67AE-4B4B-AB59-01AFC73F998A.jpeg

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
That box sure is huge.
Exactly why I skipped the adaptive options when building my Gladiator, I couldn't get past the size and the view obstruction.
Sponsored