First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Retired
So I cut out the front resonator and the suitcase muffler and the sound was great. But, had a drone around 2100 rpm. Added a 32 inch j pipe and the drone is gone. The exhaust is now exactly what I wanted. Nice tone cruising (actually you don’t really hear the exhaust) and a nice sound when you get on it.

Had help from another member on here who went through the same process and he likes his exhaust mod also.

So, for $200 approximately, you can have a really great sounding exhaust. I had a local shop do all the work.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Spur

Spur

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Retired
I try and get one also. I’m an old guy not so good at this you tube stuff.

Sponsored

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
I try and get one also. I’m an old guy not so good at this you tube stuff.
Exhaust sound is hard to capture on cell phones. They are designed to remove background noise. I tried to capture the drone from my aftermarket system, but I couldn't. On the videos the ear splitting drone was adjusted so it sounded like the only noise was wind. There is no wind noise in my cab due to my soundproofing on the top and doors.

I tried different recording apps, all with the same results.

Last edited:

rockcityphoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland North Edition
It’s true I did the same sounds better than the AWE exhaust I had or the Gibson I tried as well. I’ll post a quick one today.
Did you ever end up recording a video? Really curious to hear this setup. So you guys removed the first two mufflers/resonators in the exhaust and left the one by the rear wheel?

OP
OP
Spur

Spur

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Retired
Did you ever end up recording a video? Really curious to hear this setup. So you guys removed the first two mufflers/resonators in the exhaust and left the one by the rear wheel?
Been traveling and will be for another week or so. Don’t know if the cell phone will do it justice.

Front resonator and suitcase muffler removed. 32 inch jpipe on mine. Still liking the sound and don’t see any reason to change anything. My jpipe probably looks more like a u, but shape is not critical. Only the length is critical.

Make sure when they install the jpipe the blanked off end is a little higher than the end attached to the exhaust. Keeps any moisture from collecting in the jpipe.

Sponsored

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
I actually removed the front resonator and muffler and put a single Magnaflow it it's place. It's not as loud as replacing with a straight pipe but definitely louder than stock. I recently took it from TX to FL and was glad it wasn't any louder.

Reactions: JT1

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
I actually removed the front resonator and muffler and put a single Magnaflow it it's place. It's not as loud as replacing with a straight pipe but definitely louder than stock. I recently took it from TX to FL and was glad it wasn't any louder.
No drone with that setup? That was what I was planning to do exactly.

OP
OP
Spur

Spur

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Retired
If you are trying to go a little quieter and a little cheaper, try just removing the suitcase muffler and leave the two resonators. This might not drone and give you some sound.
Sponsored

Reactions: JT1