Sponsored

Grill that would square off the lights

• Thread starter Deleted member 30519
  • Start date
  • Watchers 12

Deleted member 30519

How come nobody makes a grill that would square off the lights to make it look more old school? I'm assuming it has something to do with the laws within interfering with the stock round lights? I'm so tired of seeing all these angry bird grills.:facepalm:
Sponsored

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
How come nobody makes a grill that would square off the lights to make it look more old school? I'm assuming it has something to do with the laws within interfering with the stock round lights? I'm so tired of seeing all these angry bird grills.:facepalm:
I'm far from a Jeep historian, but I always thought the Wrangler YJ (1987-1995) was the ugly duckling of the Jeep Wrangler universe. The resale and online chatter seem to dictate that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

1986-Jp-Wrangler-frnt.jpg

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
I'm far from a Jeep historian, but I always thought the Wrangler YJ (1987-1995) was the ugly duckling of the Jeep Wrangler universe. The resale and online chatter seem to dictate that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

1986-Jp-Wrangler-frnt.jpg
I think you are correct. They are regarded as the least desirable Jeep in history. Not sure exactly who determines that.

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
And yet the bent grill is on my Gladiator, too? YJ drivers ALWAYS wave to each other......

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I know there are YJ drivers that convert their grilles to round headlights...(this particular kit may not be the best example...the vehicle looks like it just saw a ghost)...

4d5cfd532ed9fe6f91355491acf0b265.jpg

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
How about this:
Jeep Gladiator Grill that would square off the lights Screenshot_20200710-180702_Gallery

A little bit like a new bronco.

I think you're correct:
Jeep Gladiator Grill that would square off the lights Screenshot_20200710-181041_Chrome

It would be sick if this was the front of a gladiator

but when you look at it straight on I think you would also have to do some work to the fenders to get that squared off grill to look good together.

if you look up a photo of a YJ with aftermarket fenders and bumpers you will see the front is more of a v shape than a square. I don't know if a square or square with rounded corners front face of the Gladiator would look good with square headlights

Sponsored

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
There has never been a Jeep pickup made with square headlights to my knowledge.
Ewwwe!