Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
I've seen that lots of us enjoy hunting and shooting and thought there was enough interest for an off-topic thread about it. I have collected firearms all of my adult life and have amassed quite a few, but we all have favorites.

My main range gun is a custom 1911 9mm built on a Colt Competition frame by Lou Biondo of Business End Customs.
Jeep Gladiator Gun guys (and gals) x8vs7hd

I made my better half a tricked out Ruger .22 for her to match her Kitchenaid appliances.
Jeep Gladiator Gun guys (and gals) 3CdzHzx

What are your favorites?
Sponsored

blau iii

First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 335i, 2014 X5, 2021 JTR
Build Thread
Link
It's funny, I normally would buy 1-3 guns a year whenever I had a few bucks laying around and ones that I had been studying or maybe a nice scope or other stupid accessory that I didn't need. Now since I picked up my JT in March, I haven't bought a single firearm related item. All my extra cash has gone to jeep mods.

Though, let's just blame it on the crazy ammo prices and everything else going on.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Wow, that's a really good point, I didn't realize I'd not bought a gun in over a year!

It's funny, I normally would buy 1-3 guns a year whenever I had a few bucks laying around and ones that I had been studying or maybe a nice scope or other stupid accessory that I didn't need. Now since I picked up my JT in March, I haven't bought a single firearm related item. All my extra cash has gone to jeep mods.

Though, let's just blame it on the crazy ammo prices and everything else going on.

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
I'm in the same boat with that; everything goes to the Jeep right now. But I really need to upgrade my safe before buying any long gun anyway since they barely all fit. When I bought my safe, everyone on gun forums said to get a bigger one than I needed and I wish I'd listened. I got an 18 cubic foot one that holds 24 rifles supposedly, but in truth it might hold 24 unscoped Ruger youth 10/22 models and with maybe 16 rifles and shotguns it's maxed out completely and playing Tetris to get anything back in it.

Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I just went down the multiple safes route. I have several for milsurps, one for "modern" rifles, one for hunting/playing games. My Dad is getting rid of a big giant safe because it fouls up his workshop space, flexible is good.

I'm in the same boat with that; everything goes to the Jeep right now. But I really need to upgrade my safe before buying any long gun anyway since they barely all fit. When I bought my safe, everyone on gun forums said to get a bigger one than I needed and I wish I'd listened. I got an 18 cubic foot one that holds 24 rifles supposedly, but in truth it might hold 24 unscoped Ruger youth 10/22 models and with maybe 16 rifles and shotguns it's maxed out completely and playing Tetris to get anything back in it.

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
That's a good point. If I were single, putting another safe in the house would probably be happening. But selling this one and getting something larger would be an easier sell. If I can remember, I'll open the door and post a photo next time I'm home. It's ridiculous how packed that thing is.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
We've got multiple safes too. My wife has one safe just for all her shotguns.
Bought a project house a few years ago, and all the extra money goes there. The Jeep stuff is actually "non-extra" money. Let's just say I'm eating a lotta ramen right now, so no new guns in a few years. But once everything settles down....

Oh, and I also reload almost every caliber we own.

Hipbilly

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2007 FJ Cruiser
I've got a few to many to pick favorites, but here are a few... I've been with Remington for 7 years, and until very recently was able to get employee pricing on Remington, AAC, Marlin, Bushmaster, DPMS, etc etc.... I'm glad I cashed in while I could!
I, also, have been on a bit of a shooting/buying hiatus with the Jeep getting built up...
Hand guns are fine, but none of mine just jump out as "special".

Marlin M1894, 38spl/357mag, Ti-Rant 45 can with fixed barrel spacer
Jeep Gladiator Gun guys (and gals) IMG_E8754.JPG

Remington Tac-14, with my personal upgrades - home made "birds head" grip, 1950s era corn cob fore arm, stripped finish and the perfect amount of rust.
Jeep Gladiator Gun guys (and gals) IMG_6657.JPG

AAC 12.5" SBR (300BLK), with 762-SD can. (binary trigger, too).
Jeep Gladiator Gun guys (and gals) IMG_5876

CZ Hammer classic, overall my favorite shotgun. Brand new gun looks like grandpa's, but has 30" modern steel barrels, screw in chokes, and fully functional exposed hammers.
Jeep Gladiator Gun guys (and gals) IMG_0003.JPG

Maybe if I get 20 "likes" I'll post some more :CWL:

Sponsored

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
I was a raging gunaholic for most of my adult life. Now I’m in the latter part of middle age and just seem to have lost most of my interest. I still have 15 or 20 in the safe and occasionally take them out but the fever has waned. Don’t know why, my tastes have changed and there’s just a lot of other things I’d rather do with my time for some reason.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
I love moddling my Jeep but I'm a gun guy, first and foremost. I don't have what many would consider a lot of guns, but I have what the media would call a 'cache' of weapons. :clap: I'm a niche guy, I buy guns to fill needs and thus have a variety of guns....I have carry guns, and I just upgraded my Shield to a Shield Plus for the extra capacity, I have two 1911's which I love, I have a 30.06 rifle for distance shooting, and my AR is set up with a distance scope and a red dot mounted at a 45 degree angle so I can use either.

This is my dad's Sig P226. When he died, I paid Sig to clean it up and replace all the springs, and they threw in some tritium night sights for the price I paid. It's essentially a new gun and I put some new grips on it and a really nice 1791 leather holster so I could carry it which I've done many times.

Jeep Gladiator Gun guys (and gals) sig-10

Jeep Gladiator Gun guys (and gals) sig-11

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
I was a raging gunaholic for most of my adult life. Now I’m in the latter part of middle age and just seem to have lost most of my interest. I still have 15 or 20 in the safe and occasionally take them out but the fever has waned. Don’t know why, my tastes have changed and there’s just a lot of other things I’d rather do with my time for some reason.
My enthusiasm for my hobbies comes in spells. I rarely go to the range in the cold months and missed last year entirely during Covid, so have been itching to shoot lately. But my focus has been the Jeep lately. The fever may return and unlike some things, gun don't need a bit of attention if stored in a dry safe.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Oh, I forgot to mention, I reload as well for all of the calibers I shoot. With the price of powder and primers shooting through the roof in the last year, I've set the hobby aside and focused on other things, but prices are coming back down now so I should be able to resume my reloading soon. :rock:

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
My enthusiasm for my hobbies comes in spells. I rarely go to the range in the cold months and missed last year entirely during Covid, so have been itching to shoot lately. But my focus has been the Jeep lately. The fever may return and unlike some things, gun don't need a bit of attention if stored in a dry safe.
I remember when I was in my late thirties, there was a guy I knew who was a local legend in the shooting community who just up and quit shooting in favor of golf. He sold most of his stuff off at bargain basement prices- much of it to me. I was horrified. I couldn’t understand why he would do that. He would’ve been then about my age now. I get it now …
Sponsored