First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Occupation
Union Electrician
I got a notice from the registration window sticker build sheet thing I did on this forum that I had both of those things. I went on jeep chat and they told me I had a ship date of November 2. A few days later I e-mailed Daniel and he confirmed he was showing the same. He said they don’t have a firm date beyond that and one day the truck just shows up and it is there, and he let me know when that happened. If I was flying from LA, I think I’d pick the cheapest direct fight a couple weeks after my ship date and hope/ expect that would work? Assuming you have flexibility to drive it back! Mine apparently came in on Tuesday the 10th if that helps, but I understand that it can vary. I hope you can hit some good spots on your trip back!
I got my build sheet and window sticker yesterday so I’m assuming my gladiator should be at the dealer any day now if you already took delivery of yours. I wonder if mine being a Rubicon delayed the build process at all. I agree with you though, I planned on buying the cheapest flight to Tennessee and then driving it back. Any recommendations on things to do or see on the way back? I have some vacation time that I can use so a few extra days off wouldn’t hurt.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JayKrup

JayKrup

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I got my build sheet and window sticker yesterday so I’m assuming my gladiator should be at the dealer any day now if you already took delivery of yours. I wonder if mine being a Rubicon delayed the build process at all. I agree with you though, I planned on buying the cheapest flight to Tennessee and then driving it back. Any recommendations on things to do or see on the way back? I have some vacation time that I can use so a few extra days off wouldn’t hurt.
I would swing by Nashville, gets some Hattie B’s hot chicken, swing by the Parthenon and Broadway

PastV1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue soon, 2014 Highlander
I got a notice from the registration window sticker build sheet thing I did on this forum that I had both of those things. I went on jeep chat and they told me I had a ship date of November 2. A few days later I e-mailed Daniel and he confirmed he was showing the same. He said they don’t have a firm date beyond that and one day the truck just shows up and it is there, and he let me know when that happened. If I was flying from LA, I think I’d pick the cheapest direct fight a couple weeks after my ship date and hope/ expect that would work? Assuming you have flexibility to drive it back! Mine apparently came in on Tuesday the 10th if that helps, but I understand that it can vary. I hope you can hit some good spots on your trip back!
Nice looking Mojave! I ordered 12 days after you did so hoping for the best!

PastV1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue soon, 2014 Highlander
Hey quick question since we ordered on the same day. Did Daniel contact you beforehand about taking delivery of your truck or did he wait until it was on his lot? Basically I’m trying to guess when to book my flight for Tennessee to take delivery since I’m coming Los Angeles.
Most if not all airlines are waiving any change fees due to Covid. Call and inquire on your planned date then see if they are flexible.

Stylinhonda

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I got unlucky! I ordered from Gupton 9/15, Sting Gray Mojave....everything went fast until it got built. Now it's been sitting in "optional accessories" for about a month or so. I did get the Spray In Bed liner and Mopar Hard Bed Cover. Thinking maybe something is on back order.

Being a neat freak, I hate ate thinking my Gladiator is sitting outside in the elements in Ohio!

Sponsored

Robbie441

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Occupation
Union Electrician
Most if not all airlines are waiving any change fees due to Covid. Call and inquire on your planned date then see if they are flexible.
Yeah I was looking at delta about a month ago and most airlines were running about $70 1 way which isn’t bad at all. Hattie b’s is on the list for sure I’m gonna grab howlin rays right before I leave so I can compare. Thanks for the replies guys!

volfo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler 2 door; 2021 Gladiator Mojave
Hattie B is pretty good. If you want bbq do it in Memphis 3 hours west on the way back. Germantown Commissary is good, so are lots of others. I don’t really have a ton of tips for anything west of there, at least until you hit flagstaff, I’d slide to Sedona and do some biking, but that’s all probably known to you and I’ve only been once! Also I did not get my bed sprayed, in part because I didn’t want to wait longer for it to happen. But now I’m trying to figure out when I can get it sprayed and somewhat wishing I had it sprayed at the factory to avoid the hassle!

Robbie441

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Occupation
Union Electrician
Hattie B is pretty good. If you want bbq do it in Memphis 3 hours west on the way back. Germantown Commissary is good, so are lots of others. I don’t really have a ton of tips for anything west of there, at least until you hit flagstaff, I’d slide to Sedona and do some biking, but that’s all probably known to you and I’ve only been once! Also I did not get my bed sprayed, in part because I didn’t want to wait longer for it to happen. But now I’m trying to figure out when I can get it sprayed and somewhat wishing I had it sprayed at the factory to avoid the hassle!
I had Hattie b’s in Vegas last year and wasn’t impressed actually. I want to try it in Nashville before I make up my mind though. I didn’t get the spray in bed liner either because of the potential delays and because I heard the factory spray in bedliner comes out inconsistent. I’ve also seen other factory spray in liners come off easily because the manufacture doesn’t sand the bed before applying. I priced out line x and bullet liner, and here in SoCal both were priced under $500 out the door. I’d much rather have the job done right by guys who specialize in bedliner installs. Plus both companies come with a lifetime warranty as opposed to a 2 year warranty on the factory bedliner.

volfo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler 2 door; 2021 Gladiator Mojave
I like spicy food so I enjoy hot chicken but it’s a little overblown probably. Prince’s is probably the OG but I’m fine sticking with tenders (blasphemy I know) at Hattie Bs in Charlotte in west Nashville just off I-40. I usually get an extra and do two medium, two hot. If you do bbq in Nashville, stick with peg leg porker, Martin’s, or edley’s imo. But better off going to Memphis, really!

JeepFox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubicon & 08 JK Sahara
Mine is also still waiting in the option install stage. :( I also have spray in bed and hard bed cover on my order as well. Hmmmm.

I got unlucky! I ordered from Gupton 9/15, Sting Gray Mojave....everything went fast until it got built. Now it's been sitting in "optional accessories" for about a month or so. I did get the Spray In Bed liner and Mopar Hard Bed Cover. Thinking maybe something is on back order.

Being a neat freak, I hate ate thinking my Gladiator is sitting outside in the elements in Ohio!

Sponsored

Robbie441

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Occupation
Union Electrician
I like spicy food so I enjoy hot chicken but it’s a little overblown probably. Prince’s is probably the OG but I’m fine sticking with tenders (blasphemy I know) at Hattie Bs in Charlotte in west Nashville just off I-40. I usually get an extra and do two medium, two hot. If you do bbq in Nashville, stick with peg leg porker, Martin’s, or edley’s imo. But better off going to Memphis, really!
Just booked my flight and I have 2 friends of mine coming with me. Tickets were only $51 for the one way. We’re staying in Nashville for 2 days and definitely plan on stopping in Memphis on the way back home. From there we’re staying with a buddy in OKC and then hitting a trail in Utah or Colorado on the way home. Should be a nice little road trip.

Oil_Burner

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, Explorer, Prius, C6, Diesel Pusher MH
Occupation
Engineer
I put my deposit down today with Daniel on a Hydro-Blue JTR!

Hopefully it comes in sooner than 8-10 weeks, but I suspect it will be the 10 weeks due to the holidays.

Stylinhonda

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Mine is also still waiting in the option install stage. :( I also have spray in bed and hard bed cover on my order as well. Hmmmm.
With mine being in the same stage for so long, Jeep has appointed a brand ambassador to look into my build and expedite it or so they say. I’m suppose to get an update by today at the latest. Nothing yet though.

Last edited:

JeepFox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubicon & 08 JK Sahara
I ordered 10 days after you. So I wonder how many are actually caught in this stage.

With mine being in the same stage for so long, Jeep has appointed a brand ambassador to look into my build and expedite it or so they say. I’m suppose to get an update by today at the latest. Nothing yet though.
Sponsored