Sponsored

Gupton Motors up to 8% below invoice

JeepFox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubicon & 08 JK Sahara
Woohoo. I just stayed with the 3.6. I'm planning to use it as a daily driver and my work is only 15 miles away so I didn't think I would get the use out of the diesel. I'm keeping my 08 currently for the trails.

I'm getting a Rubicon Eco Diesel
Sponsored

Nebulocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave - Sting Gray
Took delivery today as planned, everything went smooth with no issues!
Drove it immediate down to Chattanooga on I-24, loved hitting some turbulence at 70mph and have that suspension drink it up like buttery velvet, no other way to describe it. Overall, although less that one day of ownership, expectations exceeded!

jp.jpg

Last edited:

PastV1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue soon, 2014 Highlander
No pics yet? :) Other than the avitar thumb nail? Hope it all went smooth.

PastV1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There it is! I'm seeing this and the email out of order. Safe travels home!

Stylinhonda

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Congratulations! No window sticker on mine yet.

How was the financing process with Gupton? Still need to see what they will give me for my trade or sell locally.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JayKrup

JayKrup

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Congratulations! No window sticker on mine yet.

How was the financing process with Gupton? Still need to see what they will give me for my trade or sell locally.
I was going to ask about lease options next time i talk to him as well

Stylinhonda

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Emailed him this afternoon to see about finance rates and lease options.

From what I’ve seen on the lease side, for a 2021 Mojave the residual is 68% for 36/10 with a money factor of .00242.

JWGladiator

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave; 2020 BMW X7; 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Here is my take on the Gupton delivery experience from end to end for those who are about to take the journey or those thinking about it. Apologize in advance for the short book....

Pre-Delivery
Daniel was extremely helpful in communicating the status of the build, the delivery to the dealership and the required steps to complete prior to pick up. In order to take advantage of the extra 1% off of invoice I ended up using one of his lenders and ran through the pre-qualification and application steps a couple of days before. This was a simple form that was filled out online that Daniel had supplied the link via email.

Additionally, I supplied the FCA Affiliate Rewards code (AKA Treadlightly) prior to showing up as well, in the interest of cutting down the time at the dealership.

The final step was that we setup an ‘appointment’ on Saturday the 24th at 9am to pick up the Mojave.

Delivery-
We arrived a little before 9am and the Mojave was sitting out front, freshly washed and ready for inspection. I had my checklist compiled from this thread which was super helpful since I was like a kid on Christmas day and way too excited to focus. Daniel suggested we take the Mojave out for a drive after I did my walk around and ran through my ‘pre-drive’ checklist. We drove the Mojave for 20 minutes or so around the backroads of Springfield, TN and put the Mojave through some additional checks (AC, Heat, Handling, UConnect etc).

Once the drive was over it was time for sign-off and the Financing phase. So admittedly, this is always the worst part of the car buying process for me. I hate the push for add-ons (warranties, service contracts etc.) and I had hoped that by supplying all of my info beforehand that this part would be a breeze. Well, generally it was. There was the prerequisite push for the add-ons but I had done my homework and politely refused. I had learned through this forum about Tom Winkels and the warranty discounts he offers and had already made plans to use him. So once I had refused the next steps blew quickly by and we were out of the finance office in record time.

The last step was to have Renee Berry, one of Gupton’s sales people, go through some final checks on how to setup Uconnect on my phone, bluetooth connections and any last questions I had about the Mojave. She was super helpful and pleasant to talk 'Jeep' to.

All in all, the process took less than 2 hours and we were on our way.

Final Thoughts
Overall I have to say from beginning to end this was the easiest car purchase I have ever gone through. I would highly recommend that folks take the drive and/or flight to Nashville and get the same experience from Gupton that I had.

I hope this short review helps. Please feel free to PM me with any questions and I am happy to help others get a smile on their face like I have had for the past three days. I love my Gladiator.

staros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
Thank you for the details.

Nice to see that a lot can be done online.

I will be ordering and picking up from out of state. I know there is fee for the temp tag. I am hoping for Sarge Green to be an option.

I know that other dealers in states closer to NJ require payment of the registration fees to the dealer. They usually charge a fee for this.

Obviously, if I do it myself at the DMV, this fee does not exist. Another reason to take a road trip as most dealers add around 400 USD for this service.

I would be interested in hearing from out of state buyers who pick up.

Congratulations on the new ride.

Steve

Nebulocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave - Sting Gray
Here is my take on the Gupton delivery experience from end to end for those who are about to take the journey or those thinking about it. Apologize in advance for the short book....

Pre-Delivery
Daniel was extremely helpful in communicating the status of the build, the delivery to the dealership and the required steps to complete prior to pick up. In order to take advantage of the extra 1% off of invoice I ended up using one of his lenders and ran through the pre-qualification and application steps a couple of days before. This was a simple form that was filled out online that Daniel had supplied the link via email.

Additionally, I supplied the FCA Affiliate Rewards code (AKA Treadlightly) prior to showing up as well, in the interest of cutting down the time at the dealership.

The final step was that we setup an ‘appointment’ on Saturday the 24th at 9am to pick up the Mojave.

Delivery-
We arrived a little before 9am and the Mojave was sitting out front, freshly washed and ready for inspection. I had my checklist compiled from this thread which was super helpful since I was like a kid on Christmas day and way too excited to focus. Daniel suggested we take the Mojave out for a drive after I did my walk around and ran through my ‘pre-drive’ checklist. We drove the Mojave for 20 minutes or so around the backroads of Springfield, TN and put the Mojave through some additional checks (AC, Heat, Handling, UConnect etc).

Once the drive was over it was time for sign-off and the Financing phase. So admittedly, this is always the worst part of the car buying process for me. I hate the push for add-ons (warranties, service contracts etc.) and I had hoped that by supplying all of my info beforehand that this part would be a breeze. Well, generally it was. There was the prerequisite push for the add-ons but I had done my homework and politely refused. I had learned through this forum about Tom Winkels and the warranty discounts he offers and had already made plans to use him. So once I had refused the next steps blew quickly by and we were out of the finance office in record time.

The last step was to have Renee Berry, one of Gupton’s sales people, go through some final checks on how to setup Uconnect on my phone, bluetooth connections and any last questions I had about the Mojave. She was super helpful and pleasant to talk 'Jeep' to.

Final Thoughts
Overall I have to say from beginning to end this was the easiest car purchase I have ever gone through. I would highly recommend that folks take the drive and/or flight to Nashville and get the same experience from Gupton that I had.

I hope this short review helps. Please feel free to PM me with any questions and I am happy to help others get a smile on their face like I have had for the past three days. I love my Gladiator.
Since I took delivery of mine in the afternoon the same day and missed you by about 2 hours, I will agree 100% of your comments and won't repeat since you pretty much nailed it.
My experience was just about to the letter of yours.
One note: I think everyone's hang-up would be to expect a bunch of surprise fees, finance surprises, etc. There was none of that. What you are told by Daniel is what he gives you when you arrive.

As mentioned above, the 2 things to do your homework on and make sure you KNOW WHAT YOU WANT when you walk in the door, is the extended warranty and financing. My credit is good and I did receive a good rate, exactly what I was expecting. Any dealer will try to upsell you on extended warranties, it's what they do, and Gupton is no different. But you are the customer and have the right to decline, or not. Your choice.

Overall, highly recommend.
Anyone who has an order pending, you made a good choice. Do some more homework, get your mod list ready and prep for delivery day.
Anyone else who is considering, what are you waiting for?

P.S. 72 deg. F and sunny today. Drove all day with the top off. Totally awesome.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JayKrup

JayKrup

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara

Pre-Delivery

Delivery-

Final Thoughts

Glad everything worked out! Once I get back stateside i wont be waiting long for for my delivery!

USMC32GTR

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Skyline GTR, 2021 JT Rubicon 6MT
Occupation
Analyst
Been lurking this thread and I just put in my order with Gupton. He gave me a VON within minutes of me paying the deposit. Bringing my own financing so 7%. Hope it all works as planned. The biggest worry is my trade. They can’t guarantee anything until the JT arrives so I wonder if they will try to lowball me on the trade as a captive. Rather trade it and not sell privately but will if the deal is raw.

PastV1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been lurking this thread and I just put in my order with Gupton. He gave me a VON within minutes of me paying the deposit. Bringing my own financing so 7%. Hope it all works as planned. The biggest worry is my trade. They can’t guarantee anything until the JT arrives so I wonder if they will try to lowball me on the trade as a captive. Rather trade it and not sell privately but will if the deal is raw.
Several on the forum have sold their cars thru Carvana.

OP
OP
JayKrup

JayKrup

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Keeping that as an option of course. Prefer the tax savings of the trade but all depends on the dealer offer I guess.
I'm in the same situation, I will be trading in my JL. I will most likely lease this JT though. just incase this Diesel engine turns out to be like the previous Gen. Did you get your VIN yet?
Sponsored