Gupton Motors up to 8% below invoice

PastV1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue soon, 2014 Highlander
Where did you get the expected ship date from? I ordered 10/27 but I didn't get any update so far other than VIN.
I emailed Daniel and he gave me mine. Hope to pick it up the week after Thanksgiving.

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently VW Tiguan 4motion, VW GTI VR6, soon a JLUR Diesel
Occupation
Machinist/Knifemaker
Here is my take on the Gupton delivery experience from end to end for those who are about to take the journey or those thinking about it. Apologize in advance for the short book....

Pre-Delivery
Daniel was extremely helpful in communicating the status of the build, the delivery to the dealership and the required steps to complete prior to pick up. In order to take advantage of the extra 1% off of invoice I ended up using one of his lenders and ran through the pre-qualification and application steps a couple of days before. This was a simple form that was filled out online that Daniel had supplied the link via email.

Additionally, I supplied the FCA Affiliate Rewards code (AKA Treadlightly) prior to showing up as well, in the interest of cutting down the time at the dealership.

The final step was that we setup an ā€˜appointmentā€™ on Saturday the 24th at 9am to pick up the Mojave.

Delivery-
We arrived a little before 9am and the Mojave was sitting out front, freshly washed and ready for inspection. I had my checklist compiled from this thread which was super helpful since I was like a kid on Christmas day and way too excited to focus. Daniel suggested we take the Mojave out for a drive after I did my walk around and ran through my ā€˜pre-driveā€™ checklist. We drove the Mojave for 20 minutes or so around the backroads of Springfield, TN and put the Mojave through some additional checks (AC, Heat, Handling, UConnect etc).

Once the drive was over it was time for sign-off and the Financing phase. So admittedly, this is always the worst part of the car buying process for me. I hate the push for add-ons (warranties, service contracts etc.) and I had hoped that by supplying all of my info beforehand that this part would be a breeze. Well, generally it was. There was the prerequisite push for the add-ons but I had done my homework and politely refused. I had learned through this forum about Tom Winkels and the warranty discounts he offers and had already made plans to use him. So once I had refused the next steps blew quickly by and we were out of the finance office in record time.

The last step was to have Renee Berry, one of Guptonā€™s sales people, go through some final checks on how to setup Uconnect on my phone, bluetooth connections and any last questions I had about the Mojave. She was super helpful and pleasant to talk 'Jeep' to.

All in all, the process took less than 2 hours and we were on our way.

Final Thoughts
Overall I have to say from beginning to end this was the easiest car purchase I have ever gone through. I would highly recommend that folks take the drive and/or flight to Nashville and get the same experience from Gupton that I had.

I hope this short review helps. Please feel free to PM me with any questions and I am happy to help others get a smile on their face like I have had for the past three days. I love my Gladiator.
Thanks for the info and sharing your experience!
Just curious if there was a credit pre-approval process prior to order acceptance, or if all financing/approvals happen after delivery? Also, what deposit was required by Gupton?

I really appreciate it in advance!

Sponsored

OP
OP
JayKrup

JayKrup

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Just curious if there was a credit pre-approval process prior to order acceptance, or if all financing/approvals happen after delivery? Also, what deposit was required by Gupton?

$1000 non refundable

USMC32GTR

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Skyline GTR, 2021 JT Rubicon 6MT
Occupation
Analyst
To add the painted fenders we had to resubmit my order. Seemed like it was a non-issue to do so even though I had a VIN. So one week of waiting lost but better than having to buy those unpainted and paint-match later.

Nebulocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave - Sting Gray

No credit check or pre-approval required for ordering, just the deposit. The credit application can be filled out anytime prior to your delivery day, it can be done on-line from their website. You can discuss terms and financing prior to your pickup if you wanted to change something, I would think.

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently VW Tiguan 4motion, VW GTI VR6, soon a JLUR Diesel
Occupation
Machinist/Knifemaker
$1000 non refundable
No credit check or pre-approval required for ordering, just the deposit. The credit application can be filled out anytime prior to your delivery day, it can be done on-line from their website. You can discuss terms and financing prior to your pickup if you wanted to change something, I would think.
Thank you guys! Going to contact them as soon as we are ready.
Do they honor said pricing on all builds or does it have to be a Gladiator specifically? The wife and I are still kind of conflicted between a JLUR and a JTR.

volfo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler 2 door; 2021 Gladiator Mojave
I just picked up my Gladiator from Gupton. I ordered back on 9/24 I think. When I was thinking about ordering, I contacted Daniel by email and he quickly confirmed basically everything that is in this thread. I did pay a $1,000 deposit at time of order (nonrefundable if I changed my mind). The pricing was just as everyone said. I didn't bother him often with questions, but I did a couple times by email and he ALWAYS replied promptly. Last week, just before my Gladiator came in, Jeep sent me a private coupon code. Talk about luck. Although it seemed to be eligible for my order, the system wouldn't accept it when the jeep came in a couple days ago. Daniel kept trying and contacted Jeep several times and he finally got it worked out, so that on top of the pricing already agreed, I got the incentive also. When I got to the dealership today, the truck was ready, everything was just as it was supposed to be. One of the other salesmen (Walter Lee) showed me the truck, took me for a spin, the paperwork was ready and right, and the whole thing could not have gone any smoother. It was also fast. Everyone was nice, friendly and I just can't say enough good things. I'm 48 and have bought quite a few cars. Normally a dealership is a hassle, things seem shady. Occasionally dealerships do it right and easy. And this experience was even better than that - I can't believe I'm saying this but it was actually a pleasant experience. I didn't even get pressured or put through the ringer or have to wait in the finance office, it was all super quick. If you are on the fence about buying from Gupton, I very much recommend them. Next time I'm interested in a car /truck they sell, I will start with them for sure.

Daniel did say he has a ton of people contacting him about this deal and that email works best. Also, Walter Lee was the salesman who showed me the features on my jeep and went over it with me and he was equally great. I get the feeling everyone there would be, but I'd feel just as comfortable dealing with Walter, too.

Sponsored

PastV1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue soon, 2014 Highlander
I just picked up my Gladiator from Gupton. I ordered back on 9/24 I think. When I was thinking about ordering, I contacted Daniel by email and he quickly confirmed basically everything that is in this thread. I did pay a $1,000 deposit at time of order (nonrefundable if I changed my mind). The pricing was just as everyone said. I didn't bother him often with questions, but I did a couple times by email and he ALWAYS replied promptly. Last week, just before my Gladiator came in, Jeep sent me a private coupon code. Talk about luck. Although it seemed to be eligible for my order, the system wouldn't accept it when the jeep came in a couple days ago. Daniel kept trying and contacted Jeep several times and he finally got it worked out, so that on top of the pricing already agreed, I got the incentive also. When I got to the dealership today, the truck was ready, everything was just as it was supposed to be. One of the other salesmen (Walter Lee) showed me the truck, took me for a spin, the paperwork was ready and right, and the whole thing could not have gone any smoother. It was also fast. Everyone was nice, friendly and I just can't say enough good things. I'm 48 and have bought quite a few cars. Normally a dealership is a hassle, things seem shady. Occasionally dealerships do it right and easy. And this experience was even better than that - I can't believe I'm saying this but it was actually a pleasant experience. I didn't even get pressured or put through the ringer or have to wait in the finance office, it was all super quick. If you are on the fence about buying from Gupton, I very much recommend them. Next time I'm interested in a car /truck they sell, I will start with them for sure.

Daniel did say he has a ton of people contacting him about this deal and that email works best. Also, Walter Lee was the salesman who showed me the features on my jeep and went over it with me and he was equally great. I get the feeling everyone there would be, but I'd feel just as comfortable dealing with Walter, too.
it didnā€™t happened if there are no pictures!

Robbie441

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Occupation
Union Electrician

Hey quick question since we ordered on the same day. Did Daniel contact you beforehand about taking delivery of your truck or did he wait until it was on his lot? Basically Iā€™m trying to guess when to book my flight for Tennessee to take delivery since Iā€™m coming Los Angeles.

volfo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler 2 door; 2021 Gladiator Mojave
I got a notice from the registration window sticker build sheet thing I did on this forum that I had both of those things. I went on jeep chat and they told me I had a ship date of November 2. A few days later I e-mailed Daniel and he confirmed he was showing the same. He said they donā€™t have a firm date beyond that and one day the truck just shows up and it is there, and he let me know when that happened. If I was flying from LA, I think Iā€™d pick the cheapest direct fight a couple weeks after my ship date and hope/ expect that would work? Assuming you have flexibility to drive it back! Mine apparently came in on Tuesday the 10th if that helps, but I understand that it can vary. I hope you can hit some good spots on your trip back!
Sponsored