Sponsored

Half cap/topper/exo-skeleton over bed rack

Fpolanco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I currently have JCR Off-road half height bed rack on my Mojave with a tonneau cover. However, it’s a giant pain to roll the cover back and I end up sliding it back. In addition, it pains me b/c I lose about 6-8 inches of space btwn the top of the cover and the bottom of the bed rack.

I’m looking to essentially cover the bed rack and make a half-height topper/cap. I’m looking to keep this a DIY and use HDPE and eventually have something professionally fabricated using aluminum.

Just some questions before I go down the rabbit hole (at leastany further than I already am):

Has anyone ever done this? What are things I should keep in mind? Any tips I’m not thinking about and/or need to think about?
Sponsored

Bruticus Maximus

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon & 2020 Mustang GT Premium
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I currently have JCR Off-road half height bed rack on my Mojave with a tonneau cover. However, it’s a giant pain to roll the cover back and I end up sliding it back. In addition, it pains me b/c I lose about 6-8 inches of space btwn the top of the cover and the bottom of the bed rack.

I’m looking to essentially cover the bed rack and make a half-height topper/cap. I’m looking to keep this a DIY and use HDPE and eventually have something professionally fabricated using aluminum.

Just some questions before I go down the rabbit hole (at leastany further than I already am):

Has anyone ever done this? What are things I should keep in mind? Any tips I’m not thinking about and/or need to think about?
I was hoping to see some responses from those with this set-up. I am looking for a "half-height" bed cap but I dont see anything out on the market and have been looking for awhile. About to have one custom fabricated, but it would be nice if there were options available in the market.

OP
OP

Fpolanco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I was hoping to see some responses from those with this set-up. I am looking for a "half-height" bed cap but I dont see anything out on the market and have been looking for awhile. About to have one custom fabricated, but it would be nice if there were options available in the market.
There was a gentleman here that fabricated his own.

I’ve only recently come across the only off-the-shelf option from Rebel Off-road.

You can purchase their half-height rack and use their panels to close off the rack. Just don’t know how waterproof or secure it is.
Sponsored