Hamburger's Supercharger experience?

Scratch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gator, 2019 JL Mojave Bikini, 2011 JK Sport
Is all parts of the project Ca approved? Does it have a EO number and sticker so that it can pass the dreaded Ca "smog test."
How do I find a shop in central California with knowledge of the product?
Thanks
Sponsored

PJF3411

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Has anyone supercharged a manual transmission gladiator? Interested in hearing how it performs.

Stark25

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 overland
Occupation
Electrician supervisor
It will have a FCA part # and we are working all through the details. They are still slowly getting back to work from Covid.
Any more information on this?

Sponsored

Scratch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gator, 2019 JL Mojave Bikini, 2011 JK Sport
The Hamburger's SC is finally in and on the road! After 3 wks of troubleshooting it turned out to be a bad injector.
I'd love to get a review after you have some time and miles on it.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Curious to see what happens in a couple years with that FCA part number. I don't expect it will be any time soon.

Take note that while hamburger lists Benefit #13 as their powertrain warranty, as you scroll, the explanation part of the page conspicuously stops at #12. I'd guess the 3/36 powertrain warranty will go something like this: Your jeep breaks. Jeep says "no chance. You have a blower." you call Hamburger "thanks for your call. We determined the superchager did not cause your powertrain failure. Please see your jeep dealer."

And there you are. With a $7000 blower you helped beta test and a big ass repair bill for a cracked piston and a rod through your block, or a busted transmission.

joking aside, it would be remarkable if this got a FCA part number the way the Roush ones do over at ford. I think itll take a couple years, but its definitely worth watching. Having this covered under the powertrain warranty from FCA is, imo, imperative. And it at a minimum provides optimism that FCA is even engaging in the conversation and agreed to collect data points....

Last edited:

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Curious to see what happens in a couple years with that FCA part number. I don't expect it will be any time soon.

Take note that while hamburger lists Benefit #13 as their powertrain warranty, as you scroll, the explanation part of the page conspicuously stops at #12. I'd guess the 3/36 powertrain warranty will go something like this: Your jeep breaks. Jeep says "no chance. You have a blower." you call Hamburger "thanks for your call. We determined the superchager did not cause your powertrain failure. Please see your jeep dealer."

And there you are. With a $7000 blower you helped beta test and a big ass repair bill for a cracked piston and a rod through your block, or a busted transmission.

joking aside, it would be remarkable if this got a FCA part number the way the Roush ones do over at ford. I think itll take a couple years, but its definitely worth watching. Having this covered under the powertrain warranty from FCA is, imo, imperative. And it at a minimum provides optimism that FCA is even engaging in the conversation and agreed to collect data points....
Kurt,

I personally own a Hamburgers....I have personally had work that would have fell within my factory warranty that was covered by Hamburger - no questions asked....not caused by the supercharger.

Most respected superchargers offer a powertrain warranty - the difference is Hamburgers isn't subbing it out to a 3rd party. That is something that gives them a leg up on the competitors, IMO.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Kurt,

I personally own a Hamburgers....I have personally had work that would have fell within my factory warranty that was covered by Hamburger - no questions asked....not caused by the supercharger.

Most respected superchargers offer a powertrain warranty - the difference is Hamburgers isn't subbing it out to a 3rd party. That is something that gives them a leg up on the competitors, IMO.
What are the details? was it a powertrain failure that got fixed? or something else?

I've seen plenty of examples of these "Warranty's" ending up being nothing more than a piece of paper that ended up doing nothing.

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
What are the details? was it a powertrain failure that got fixed? or something else?

I've seen plenty of examples of these "Warranty's" ending up being nothing more than a piece of paper that ended up doing nothing.
The warranty covers everything the stock powertrain warranty does with monetary limitations that are listed in the fine print. I have had a few instances, one was a fuel leak from a blown O-ring. One was computer issues that required a flash at the dealer. Both things that would have been covered by the dealer by warranty that were not. It didn't even come out of my pocket either, I put the dealer in touch with Hamburgers and they handled the bill. Not a penny out of pocket for me.

Sorry to hear you have purchased so many things with warranty issues.

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
The warranty covers everything the stock powertrain warranty does with monetary limitations that are listed in the fine print. I have had a few instances, one was a fuel leak from a blown O-ring. One was computer issues that required a flash at the dealer. Both things that would have been covered by the dealer by warranty that were not. It didn't even come out of my pocket either, I put the dealer in touch with Hamburgers and they handled the bill. Not a penny out of pocket for me.

Sorry to hear you have purchased so many things with warranty issues.
Thankfully not me, just witnessed accounts. im quite honestly shocked at your account of it.

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
Thankfully not me, just witnessed accounts. im quite honestly shocked at your account of it.
I do my research before getting in to bed with a company. Hamburgers has been around this industry a LONG time. Not always as Hamburgers but they have a great track record. Had they been screwing people around with denying warranty claims.....they wouldn't be in the position they are in now, IMO.

From my understanding FCA has taken in multiple vehicles for testing equipped with a Hamburger SC now. If they keep having them back I have to think there is a firm chance it becomes a reality at some point.

OP
OP
desertfox73

desertfox73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2019 Raptor SCrew
If any of you follow the "Offroad Jeep Gladiator Builds" group on Facebook, someone just posted on there that they're planning to return to stock after too many issues with the Hamburger's unit - oil consumption, specifically (and gasket problems).

Quoting from the owner:
"Well the supercharger in my Gladiator turned out to be a bust. Going back to stock, going to miss the power. Wish I could justify doing a 392 swap.
Update with more info, oil leaks from charger housing, massive oil consumption (1qt per 800-1k miles), oil coating air filter, can’t seal airbox even though they said I could before purchase. I had other issues right at delivery as well.
I really wanted this to work as I liked the extra power."

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
If any of you follow the "Offroad Jeep Gladiator Builds" group on Facebook, someone just posted on there that they're planning to return to stock after too many issues with the Hamburger's unit - oil consumption, specifically (and gasket problems).

Quoting from the owner:
"Well the supercharger in my Gladiator turned out to be a bust. Going back to stock, going to miss the power. Wish I could justify doing a 392 swap.
Update with more info, oil leaks from charger housing, massive oil consumption (1qt per 800-1k miles), oil coating air filter, can’t seal airbox even though they said I could before purchase. I had other issues right at delivery as well.
I really wanted this to work as I liked the extra power."
Wow! I had some of the same issues but worked with them to find solutions. I also considered a return to stock but haven't gone that route.

A 392 certainly isn't the fix!

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! I had some of the same issues but worked with them to find solutions. I also considered a return to stock but haven't gone that route.

A 392 certainly isn't the fix!
Did you find a resolution to the open air box? That is the only thing holding me back. I wheel in water too much and don’t want to create an issue with hydro lock. Or at minimum worry me constantly.
Sponsored