First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willy's
Occupation
Power Plant Operator
A few months out from getting my approval for concealed carry permit and need some secure storage options. Wont be able to take my gun into the job so the pistol will be locked up in Jeep til I'm out of shift so willing to dish the extra money for a secure solution.

Appreciate any suggestions!

And before anyone asks, NY does not recognize the glovebox as a suitable location
Sponsored

MohaveVet29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Gladiator Mohave
Valtek Lifepod is my go to versatile vehicle storage personally. Can be secured to a seat rail and fits under the seat. Plus is water resistant being a huge advantage to most options.

In my ram I have a lockrdown console vault which is pretty indestructible but pricey.

Several options would do a Google search but will say anything console related to size of them in the gladiator isn't going to be much use. Under or behind the back seat would be good options as well.

Gmac03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys D
LifePod works great when hard wired properly to the truck and can be used at home and when you fly.

Tuffy console safe is nice as well but might have issues with a full-size, compacts and sub compacts fit decently. Overall security is moderate but with nobody watching the vehicle either of the above would easily be defeated.

Good luck.

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Just wondering if NY would allow the center console as an option since it can be locked with the ignition key? That’s where I keep mine, but I’m in TX.

LouisvEarlleJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Willys Earl
You're better off just leaving it at home, but if you're set on a box then find one that cannot be unbolted from the outside (i.e. the safe has to be open in order to access whatever is securing it in place).

Jeep's are easy enough to bust into, no use adding an easy theft of a weapon (tied to your name) to the list.

Sponsored

BearDog

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport Max Tow. '20 H2SXSE+. RV-4 Airplane
Occupation
Machine Shop Manager
You're better off just leaving it at home, ...

That is not an option for me. Never has been and never will be, especially in today's world. My weapons go with me everywhere, doors on or off. Same with my wife. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I have yet to find a suitable storage locker for when I cannot take them inside with me, which admittedly is very few places here in Texas. Lately I'm contemplating breaking out the welder and making my own.

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Here's what I have:
https://www.hornady.com/security/lock-boxes/standard-lock-box-xl#!/

It's not that expensive. I have it bolted to OEM welded nuts in tub (not through the tub so that it can be "manipulated from below". It also has a cable that can be run to one of the welded in seat latches, which you can see in the first pic).

Before I installed the Goose Gear Rear Seat Delete:
Jeep Gladiator Handgun safe/lockbox recommendations IMG_1606

After the rear seat delete:
Jeep Gladiator Handgun safe/lockbox recommendations 05b_LockBox02

Jeep Gladiator Handgun safe/lockbox recommendations 05a_LockBox01

BearDog

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machine Shop Manager
That's a pretty good solution, Hooligan. I'll get one of these. Saves fab time making a box. Could even make custom mounts to put it behind the seat.

Thanks for the link đź‘Ť

SFchemo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
DOD Civilian
A few months out from getting my approval for concealed carry permit and need some secure storage options. Wont be able to take my gun into the job so the pistol will be locked up in Jeep til I'm out of shift so willing to dish the extra money for a secure solution.

And before anyone asks, NY does not recognize the glovebox as a suitable location
I have one from Console Vault. It is amazing and easy to install. They make them custom for each vehicle. Doesn’t take away a lot of space either.
www.consolevault.com

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
That's a pretty good solution, Hooligan. I'll get one of these. Saves fab time making a box. Could even make custom mounts to put it behind the seat.

Thanks for the link đź‘Ť
Yeah, it's functional. I mean it's not glamourous; there's no biometric scanner; it's not keyed to your ignition key, etc. But it serves the purposes and is more or less discrete.

One thing to note. You'll have to drill your own holes through the case and when you bolt it in, make sure you use some big-@$$ fender washers so that it can't be pried out of position.

Sponsored

BearDog

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machine Shop Manager
Ordered. Should be here by week's end.

LouisvEarlleJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Willys Earl
That is not an option for me. Never has been and never will be
This has always been an interesting take to me. Something happens (to some Americans) around age 18 where folks go from being a kid, exploring, getting into all kinds of trouble and places where they probably shouldn't be with little more than a pocket knife or maybe a walking stick, to being an adult, working a 9-5, basically just going to work, grocery, and camping or w/e hobby they have, admittedly far less dangerous activities than what they did as a kid, but they think that they need a gun in order to accomplish those tasks.

BearDog

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Machine Shop Manager
This has always been an interesting take to me. Something happens (to some Americans) around age 18 where folks go from being a kid, exploring, getting into all kinds of trouble and places where they probably shouldn't be with little more than a pocket knife or maybe a walking stick, to being an adult, working a 9-5, basically just going to work, grocery, and camping or w/e hobby they have, admittedly far less dangerous activities than what they did as a kid, but they think that they need a gun in order to accomplish those tasks.
I do more than go "go to work, grocery, camping" etc... Knock on wood, nothing has ever happened to me. For me, I know what the world is like, and it's a lot worse today than it was 35+ years ago when I was a kid. I was raised and have always lived to "be prepared" for anything, not just for defense. God willing, I will never be an unarmed victim.

To each his own.

Starkie57

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
IT Director

I use this here in NY: Tuffy 348-01 Security Console Insert for 18-22 Jeep Wrangler JL & Gladiator JT | Quadratec
Sponsored