Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
TLDR: So for anyone out there who wants a safety flag kit that is easy to take on/off and store, I would highly recommend this kit: Orange Handy Flag Kit. At $55 its pretty good, you get a well made flag, a quick decoupler, a collapsing flag pole that easily stores under the rear seat, plus there are other designs available. Some pics bellow.

The kit in the storage bag, the bag itself is meh, it gets the job done, what's important is inside:
Jeep Gladiator Handy Flag Kit Install/Review IMG_4791

The kit removed and unfurled, it stores quite nicely under the rear seat, this version is the good ol Stars and Stripes (although I would like to mention that I ordered the yellow Willy's flag and got this instead, hopefully these guys can sort it out, although I'm really not complaining)

Jeep Gladiator Handy Flag Kit Install/Review IMG_4792
Jeep Gladiator Handy Flag Kit Install/Review IMG_4793

The collapsed section, including the coupler, it seems its held together with a bungee/drawstring system

Jeep Gladiator Handy Flag Kit Install/Review IMG_4794

The flag extended, its a good 6 1/2 feet long, so it should be plenty visible over dunes and trails.

Jeep Gladiator Handy Flag Kit Install/Review IMG_4795

The coupler base, this is all that is attached to the truck when the flag is not up, I like that there's little to be exposed to the elements when I'm not using it. I attached it to the Quake LED brackets coated in some Rustoleum spray liner, needed a 19mm socket plus an adjustable wrench.

Jeep Gladiator Handy Flag Kit Install/Review IMG_4796

The flag installed on the base, the coupler simply snaps into place, pull up to release.

Jeep Gladiator Handy Flag Kit Install/Review IMG_4798

The gap between the cab, the flag doesn't flex enough to hit the cab during most driving/trail rides.

Jeep Gladiator Handy Flag Kit Install/Review IMG_4804

How it looks from the front and back, still deciding on whether I want it on the left or right, my GRMS stealth antenna will go on the other.

Jeep Gladiator Handy Flag Kit Install/Review IMG_4799
Jeep Gladiator Handy Flag Kit Install/Review IMG_4803
Sponsored

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
“The gap between the cab, the flag doesn't flex enough to hit the cab during most driving/trail rides.”
Easy fix for this is a racquetball. Drill a hole in each end and slide it onto the pole to the area where it would hit the cab.
The ball can also be plasti dipped whatever color you choose.
I had the ball on a Firestik antenna trekking all over the Mojave desert and the plastidip paint held up extremely well.

OP
OP
Zero_Accel

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
“The gap between the cab, the flag doesn't flex enough to hit the cab during most driving/trail rides.”
Easy fix for this is a racquetball. Drill a hole in each end and slide it onto the pole to the area where it would hit the cab.
The ball can also be plasti dipped whatever color you choose.
I had the ball on a Firestik antenna trekking all over the Mojave desert and the plastidip paint held up extremely well.
I'm not sure how well that would work for this setup, as the pole is collapsible/folding and meant to go into the bag, although one thing that I think would work in this case is wraparound foam, shouldn't increase the diameter of the pole too much, and as long as it's not on the joints of the pole, it should still collapse flat.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
I'm not sure how well that would work for this setup, as the pole is collapsible/folding and meant to go into the bag, although one thing that I think would work in this case is wraparound foam, shouldn't increase the diameter of the pole too much, and as long as it's not on the joints of the pole, it should still collapse flat.
Does the bottom section of the pole unscrew from the coupler portion?
Or if that doesn’t work you could probably also slice the ball open on one side, open it like a clamshell to put it in place, then pop it right off for stowage.

OP
OP
Zero_Accel

Zero_Accel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Does the bottom section of the pole unscrew from the coupler portion?
Or if that doesn’t work you could probably also slice the ball open on one side, open it like a clamshell to put it in place, then pop it right off for stowage.
Nope, the black section is one piece, no way to tread through a drilled hole on that side, and it would be a pain to run it from the flag side.
Jeep Gladiator Handy Flag Kit Install/Review IMG_4798