Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I live in the mountains, north of LA. We only use the soft top since pre-Covid. The hard top is just sitting on rollers. We love the soft top. The premium soft top is really high quality. The winters are mild here. I doubt we will put the hard top back on in 2021. We love going top down.

OP
OP
Rocksalt

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
going on 2 years... in Illinois.. no issues with noise, wind, snow, ice.... love my soft top

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Yep love mine

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
I don’t think I would enjoy my jeep as much as I do with a hardtop.

In the 90s there was about 20 kids at my high school that had wranglers. ALL soft tops. The tops were always off unless it was raining. Even the winter on many days. It wouldn’t have even been cool with a hard top. If so we would have just drove 4runners.

This soft top is 50 times better than those tops back then. Goes back in seconds, quiet as heck. Was SOOO loud on the highway. I had a pioneer 12” sub with a 250 watt amp, which I had to get rid of because I couldn’t hear it well with the top ON. I ended up getting an Alpine type R 12” with a Rockford Fosgate 800 watt amp, so I could finally hear the bass with the top on. Now that I think about it, it was probably as loud with the top off!

I get the hard tops are nice for winter, but wranglers were MADE to have soft tops IMHO. You just don’t get the same experience with a Hard top. Now if I could just get back those factory half doors...

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude

Skull

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Aircraft Technician
So far, so good. So easy to open top in a snap and agree with others that would not enjoy it as much without.

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
Having both my only concern with the premium is keeping it clean. Where the standard is more of a vinyl material that can be sprayed with cleaner and scrubbed, the premium is cloth and more porous.

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Having both my only concern with the premium is keeping it clean. Where the standard is more of a vinyl material that can be sprayed with cleaner and scrubbed, the premium is cloth and more porous.
Check out the high end cars soft tops, like a few years back, BMWs. They are all the same new fabric as the Jeep. This fabric is way more durable than the old shinny soft tops. Just soap it and spray it down. I spray mine with Raggtop spray after it drys every once in a while when I wash it. So far, after a year outside in the hot Sun, the soft top has not faded at all.

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
Check out the high end cars soft tops, like a few years back, BMWs. They are all the same new fabric as the Jeep. This fabric is way more durable than the old shinny soft tops. Just soap it and spray it down. I spray mine with Raggtop spray after it drys every once in a while when I wash it. So far, after a year outside in the hot Sun, the soft top has not faded at all.
Not talking about what the sun can do. More so what dirt and mud will do. When's the last time you seen a BMW on a trail?

Probably not an issue for the mall crawlers or pavement princesses. I've slung some mud on my JKR standard soft top which left stains. I can't imagine this fabric is going to be any easier to clean.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Not talking about what the sun can do. More so what dirt and mud will do. When's the last time you seen a BMW on a trail?

Probably not an issue for the mall crawlers or pavement princesses. I've slung some mud on my JKR standard soft top which left stains. I can't imagine this fabric is going to be any easier to clean.
Dirt won't bother it as I have already gotten a bunch of dirt on it much by accident and it pretty much just washed off. Now mud can't say. About every 3 months I give the top a good cleaning and then spray it down good with the Soft Top Protectant you can get online. It seems to help in keeping the repellency qualities of the top. I have been using the stuff from Best Top.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

I have got some mud on mine and a ton of dirt. It washes right off. Note: I sprayed mine with a full can of Raggtop just out of the box, right when I installed it and left it in the sun. Then, I did not get water on it for a while. That may have helped the stain resistance.
Sponsored