Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
No one seems to know about it - and I've done searches for the code and come up empty. Are employees supposed to know about this?

OP
OP

blackeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
This might be a personalized code based on retargeting, but it worked for me and continues to show up.

Not sure if there is a way to get it to appear in your browser, but I've been Googling 'badland apex winch' and in the Google Shopping module off to the side the price has been decreasing over the past few days for me until it hit $479.99 and I pulled the trigger.

It went from $599.99 to $509.99 then back up to $599.99 and now to $479.99, over the span of a few days.

They're probably retargeting for people who look at it and add it to the cart and don't purchase and lowering the price accordingly.

Jeep Gladiator Harbor Freight Badland Apex 12k Synthetic Winch on Sale D5973406-41C6-48C4-BEC4-AB8D7B398849

OP
OP

blackeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Here's an incognito window from a desktop search.

If I click the red link, it shows up at full price. If I click the green, I get the sale price with the coupon code I mentioned above loaded.

Jeep Gladiator Harbor Freight Badland Apex 12k Synthetic Winch on Sale Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 11.03.23 AM

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Now that is very helpful. I did actually find a 20% coupon that doesn't appear to exclude the brand or winches in general like most do. And - 20% matches what you showed.

EDIT - BINGO - I typed in your exact search phrase and got the same thing to print and take in!
It's in green and says:
Coupon 73028758. Use In-Store or Online

I don't have a bumper for a winch but I can buy and keep it on the shelf for the future.
I don't know if this big a thing would even fit down in - don't want to block air flow as I plan on towing some loads.

Sponsored

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I would imagine this is a "standard" 20% off coupon. I had gotten sent a 20% off coupon a few weeks back and it did not exclude the Badlands brand.

OP
OP

blackeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Now that is very helpful. I did actually find a 20% coupon that doesn't appear to exclude the brand or winches in general like most do. And - 20% matches what you showed.

EDIT - BINGO - I typed in your exact search phrase and got the same thing to print and take in!
It's in green and says:
Coupon 73028758. Use In-Store or Online

I don't have a bumper for a winch but I can buy and keep it on the shelf for the future.
I don't know if this big a thing would even fit down in - don't want to block air flow as I plan on towing some loads.
Glad you got it to work.

You can move the control box off the top and place it inside the engine bay, which is what I plan on doing. That way, depending on the bumper, no part of the winch is blocking airflow into the grille.

You just need an inverter cable set (HF has a 6 foot set with SKU 63747) to do so.

This thread details doing that.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/new-apex-12k-harbor-freight-winch-install.23358/

I'm planning on wiring mine to my aux switch with the Warn power interrupt kit (part #62132) and the Badgeglow breakout board for aux connections for a cleaner install.

OP
OP

blackeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I would imagine this is a "standard" 20% off coupon. I had gotten sent a 20% off coupon a few weeks back and it did not exclude the Badlands brand.
My standard 20% off codes didn't work on the winch, but this item specific code did. It's the same discount so if you can get it to work with either code, it's a good price.

MrFahrenheit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
My standard 20% off codes didn't work on the winch, but this item specific code did. It's the same discount so if you can get it to work with either code, it's a good price.
For sure. I didn't pull the trigger when I had that coupon (I had verified it took 20% off of it) because i was hoping for a screaming labor day sale. But it looks like they are focused more on pushing their inside track club now as they were the only ones that got a 25% off coupon.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you got it to work.

You can move the control box off the top and place it inside the engine bay, which is what I plan on doing. That way, depending on the bumper, no part of the winch is blocking airflow into the grille.

You just need an inverter cable set (HF has a 6 foot set with SKU 63747) to do so.

This thread details doing that.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/new-apex-12k-harbor-freight-winch-install.23358/

I'm planning on wiring mine to my aux switch with the Warn power interrupt kit (part #62132) and the Badgeglow breakout board for aux connections for a cleaner install.
Thanks for the info and tips.
That lady at HF plugged in the code and said "wow, that took $120 off!"
The way it read is that it's a straight 120 off of that winch. I can't find it any other way.

I messed up and didn't get the aux switches - I asked myself - what would I need those for? And talked myself out of getting them when I ordered the truck.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Now I just need to figure out how to mount it on an OVERLAND. I guess it means if I don't use the receiver winch mount, I have to buy a bumper, but I actually don't mind the look of the stock bumper and don't want to spend another 500 bucks for a new bumper.
Maybe find a Rubicon steel bumper take-off LOL. Right.

Last edited:

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I just bought this winch for $479 today. Installed it on my LOD signature series mid width bumper and mounted the cutoff switch next to the battery. Heading out to some trails this weekend and plan on testing it out.

OP
OP

blackeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I just bought this winch for $479 today. Installed it on my LOD signature series mid width bumper and mounted the cutoff switch next to the battery. Heading out to some trails this weekend and plan on testing it out.
Cool that this thing is still on sale! Let us know how you like it. Mine isn't installed yet, picking up the truck on Friday.

gerky18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I had one on my JKU before trading it in for the JT. The price you found is the best I've seen. I got mine for $499 so a great find. I had no problems with it blocking airflow or any other issues with it. I will buy it again when I get the jeep fund back up.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Cool that this thing is still on sale! Let us know how you like it. Mine isn't installed yet, picking up the truck on Friday.
I paid $400 for mine back in May with the 2yr warranty added in as well. It's good to know a store manager at Harbor Freight. I got to use to a 20% discount and he gave me his discount on it as well. Shipped right to the house. Love mine.

Jeep Gladiator Harbor Freight Badland Apex 12k Synthetic Winch on Sale PXL_20200913_173330619
Sponsored