Hard top- estimated cost

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
On a normal Wrangler a hard top cost is $1195.00 Am thinking that the hard top for the Gladiator should cost less since it’s a shorter top, does not go back over the luggage area. And yes it’s got a sliding center back window. Guessing it may be a $1000.00 option’for just a black one, not same body color. What do you folks think it may cost?
Sponsored

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
There is no price difference between a hardtop for the 2-door JL or the hardtop for the 4-door Unlimited. Both are $1195 for black or $2195 for body-colored. Size has nothing to do with price.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
There is no price difference between a hardtop for the 2-door JL or the hardtop for the 4-door Unlimited. Both are $1195 for black or $2195 for body-colored. Size has nothing to do with price.
HOLY CRAP, its an extra $1000 for body colored top?

At first i thought i wanted the black top, black fenders (like the way they look on the wranglers), but after more and more consideration, i think i like the body colored top on the JT with black fenders.

Not sure if its worth another $1000. Jeepers................Is that where that phrase/statement came from about something excessive or shocking? Must be.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Actually I just looked this up, Jeepers is short for Jeepers Creepers, which somehow caught on in the 1920s as another way to say Jesus Christ. lol

I like being shocked by overpriced FCA Jeep items, JEEPERS!

avc8130

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
The better argument to justify a cost difference would be that the JT hard tops don't have any side glass, whereas the JL (2 door AND 4 door) both have side glass. The sliding rear window is a thing...but remember the JL tops have a lift glass rear.

ac

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I need the hard top, so factored that in as a must have. At least it's is no tech! I am wondering if the rain gutter has changed, or anything else. I'm also curious why the whole ceiling isn't covered by the roof carpet. Weight?

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I need the hard top, so factored that in as a must have. At least it's is no tech! I am wondering if the rain gutter has changed, or anything else. I'm also curious why the whole ceiling isn't covered by the roof carpet. Weight?
Roof carpet :CWL:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You mean the rain gutter that dumps the water right on your leg when you open the door? LOL
that's a refreshing feature, lol

Warbirds

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beater trucks and fast motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
I have never worked in automotive but i am an engineer- and design time, tooling, and spares is probably more of a factor than actual material cost. I would guess an increased cost since the volume will be so much lower than a standard wrangler top because those costs will simply take longer to recover.
Sponsored