Hard Top on Black Gladiator

wry_whiskey

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland Gladiator
I'm going to order a black Gladiator Overland soon now that dealers are getting their pricing. I am going to get the dual tops and I'm wondering if I should upgrade to get the body-color hard top or stick with the standard/black hard top. At first I thought having the blacks not matching perfectly would be cool (that whole Jeep thing, perhaps), but does the non-body color black look like a mistake in person with a black jeep? I'm sure it's personal preference, but might as well ask y'all who have dealt with a black jeep since I'm new to this world.
Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Great question, got no clue what it would look like with a body color roof or with just a black roof. Makes me wonder if they would charge extra for that body color roof.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Pretty sure I am going black with the non body color top. I will have dual tops so storing the hard top in the summer the non body color doesn't scratch as easy and I believe to be more durable. I to also like the contrast in top color, but with black unless you are looking for it most people can't tell IMHO. Also the price of the body color is steep, can buy a lot of mods for that kinda $.

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
Check this one out..has a non gloss black top. I seen it in person and it looks awesome.. I ordered my Rubicon this way

1635A9D1-BB02-44D3-A5ED-23FF7DBCD225.jpeg
Are the fenders “glossy” body colour?

Logically, or thinking as a communist where uniformity is a religion, as the soft-top is matte black, the fenders, hard top and bumpers (and tires, engine straps, rubber carpets, etc.) should be matte black as well, no?
:devil:

Sponsored

Woody

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Are the fenders “glossy” body colour?

Logically, or thinking as a communist where uniformity is a religion, as the soft-top is matte black, the fenders, hard top and bumpers (and tires, engine straps, rubber carpets, etc.) should be matte black as well, no?
:devil:
Yes..gloss fenders

Woody

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
What complements the non gloss top with the gloss fenders is the trim on the gloss fenders. If you look close you can see the fenders are trimmed out with a non gloss strip on the outside edge..

OP
OP

wry_whiskey

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland Gladiator
What complements the non gloss top with the gloss fenders is the trim on the gloss fenders. If you look close you can see the fenders are trimmed out with a non gloss strip on the outside edge..
Nice, thanks for the pic! And yeah, that trimmed out non-gloss strip ties it together. Beauty, stock black hard top in the winter and soft top/no top in the summer.

Woody

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Nice, thanks for the pic! And yeah, that trimmed out non-gloss strip ties it together. Beauty, stock black hard top in the winter and soft top/no top in the summer.
I was going to hold of and get the sting until I seen this one in person. Everything about it was awesome including the black leather trimmed in red and the red dash.

Sponsored

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m still looking for more matte black... Wouldn’t it be a beauty? A matte black Gladiator?!?
:LOL:

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I’m still looking for more matte black... Wouldn’t it be a beauty? A matte black Gladiator?!?
:LOL:
Like this?

upload_2019-4-30_15-35-26.jpeg

Aljeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I'm going to order a black Gladiator Overland soon now that dealers are getting their pricing. I am going to get the dual tops and I'm wondering if I should upgrade to get the body-color hard top or stick with the standard/black hard top. At first I thought having the blacks not matching perfectly would be cool (that whole Jeep thing, perhaps), but does the non-body color black look like a mistake in person with a black jeep? I'm sure it's personal preference, but might as well ask y'all who have dealt with a black jeep since I'm new to this world.
I have a black JK with regular matte hardtop. As much as I remove the thing, it gets scratched up. Easier touch up scratches with the matte finish I think.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
F623BBEF-2A89-4473-AD93-2B2F25B35D37.jpeg
In case anyone is thinking of doing this then you might want to get a good look at this black Gladiator with a black roof, not a body colored roof. It’s an obvious color difference. Hope you are ok with the color difference.

MaximusDecimusMeridius

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Red LE, 2014 Sierra 6in lift, 2015 Ford Fusion
Here is one close to me that came in with body color fenders but regular top

It looks pretty good to me

20190429_190146.jpg
20190429_190047.jpg
Sponsored