Sponsored

Hard top removal

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
If the rear window is fixed in the hard top, the top will be a PITA to remove and store, as there will be no place to hook (w\glass up) like there is on the JL (& JK, TJ, YJ...). Also, those rolly contraptions will also be useless since there will be a truck bed in the way. It'll be interesting to see how they fasten the front edge too, since there won't be a long run for bolts along the sides of the cab. It's all solvable, but I'm very curious to see what they do there. If it's just the shell over the rear doors, with no glass, it'll be REALLY easy to remove and store... (talk about light weight).
Sponsored

dillagence

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
If the rear window is fixed in the hard top, the top will be a PITA to remove and store, as there will be no place to hook (w\glass up) like there is on the JL (& JK, TJ, YJ...). Also, those rolly contraptions will also be useless since there will be a truck bed in the way. It'll be interesting to see how they fasten the front edge too, since there won't be a long run for bolts along the sides of the cab. It's all solvable, but I'm very curious to see what they do there. If it's just the shell over the rear doors, with no glass, it'll be REALLY easy to remove and store... (talk about light weight).
I've been thinking about this a lot myself and I have to assume it will be it's own separate piece like the side panels on the JL power sliding soft top. Is there anywhere you're reading that says its likely to be fixed?

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
I'm expecting the top to be a multi-piece affair, with the rear window being it's own. If so, it will make removal and storage a lot easier - pop out freedom panels, remove flat rooftop, remove rear window. All pieces that can be moved by one person and stacked nicely...

OP
OP
Billy

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been thinking about this a lot myself and I have to assume it will be it's own separate piece like the side panels on the JL power sliding soft top. Is there anywhere you're reading that says its likely to be fixed?
There was a spy pic a while back that showed the rear glass, and it looked fixed to the top. I know it means Nada at this point in the game though.

Sponsored

Zip6711

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
I have too thought about this topic my guess would be removable

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
There was a spy pic a while back that showed the rear glass, and it looked fixed to the top. I know it means Nada at this point in the game though.
Ok, I wasn’t clear - the glass itself will be attached to a panel that come off separately from the top panels. Or at least that’s what I’m guessing.

I didn’t mean the glass itself would be a separate piece when I said the ‘window’ - more like the entire vertical rear panel with the glass in it.

OP
OP
Billy

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I wasn’t clear - the glass itself will be attached to a panel that come off separately from the top panels. Or at least that’s what I’m guessing.

I didn’t mean the glass itself would be a separate piece when I said the ‘window’ - more like the entire vertical rear panel with the glass in it.
Hmmm

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Yea roll down rear makes a ton of sense in this application, but I bet Jeep will be cheap and not do it.

JeepFam

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
His: 2020 Gladiator, 2004 Wrangler X; Hers: 2004 Liberty