Hard Top Storage [No Garage]

techteacher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT '20 White Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Anyone put together something to put their doors and hard top on that could sit in a driveway? Saw one quadratec cart for sale specific to the JT. See some cheaper JK/JL carts out there too (given the way it sits on there should work with JT top}. Also considering building something like this out of PVC What do you all do with your tops doors when there is no garage for safe keeping?
Sponsored

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
I'm going to have trouble fitting the truck in the garage much less doors and tops. Watching this thread.

SoGlad

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Anyone put together something to put their doors and hard top on that could sit in a driveway? Saw one quadratec cart for sale specific to the JT. See some cheaper JK/JL carts out there too (given the way it sits on there should work with JT top}. Also considering building something like this out of PVC What do you all do with your tops doors when there is no garage for safe keeping?
When I'm on the road I carry a quick set up ice shanty. I put all my stuff into the shanty when I take the doors and top off.

OP
OP
techteacher

techteacher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT '20 White Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I modified the design from the YouTube vid just a bit and ended up with this. Freedom panels fit in the narrower section up front and doors stack in the back. Will post a pic with it loaded up this weekend.

Will probably mount some wheels on it eventually as well to make it maneuverable around the driveway.

I didn't cement it together and it feels pretty solid.

IMG_20190830_145723.jpg

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Word of caution, PVC and CPVC will break down in direct sun and heat. Will become brittle and eventually start cracking and splitting.

PVC and CPVC also do not like cold and becomes extremely brittle.

Hate to see anyone ruin valuable parts.