Sponsored

Hard tri-fold tonneau cover water resistance

blvckb3vrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave | '03 Wrangler
Hey everyone, I installed a Bakflip MX4 and took it out in an absolute down pour last night to test. Unfortunately I wasn't able to stick around to take pictures, but I did a quick check of the bed before heading inside.

The cover leaks at the hinge points of the tri-fold and onto the sides of the bed area. To describe the amount of water, it was more I would have expected and about equal to if I poured a small cup of water along both sides of my bed. Not expecting complete waterproofing, so a few drops around the tailgate would be acceptable, but this is not the case. The seals appear set as intended, but I've heard about blow drying new seals to set them further. Can anyone share a similar experience with the MX4 leaking?

Considering options here to include returning the product for another model or brand (e.g., Mopar, Rugged Ridge, Undercover, Lomax, etc.)

Thanks, y'all!
Sponsored

sypeck

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK Jeep GC
Hey everyone, I installed a Bakflip MX4 and took it out in an absolute down pour last night to test. Unfortunately I wasn't able to stick around to take pictures, but I did a quick check of the bed before heading inside.

The cover leaks at the hinge points of the tri-fold and onto the sides of the bed area. To describe the amount of water, it was more I would have expected and about equal to if I poured a small cup of water along both sides of my bed. Not expecting complete waterproofing, so a few drops around the tailgate would be acceptable, but this is not the case. The seals appear set as intended, but I've heard about blow drying new seals to set them further. Can anyone share a similar experience with the MX4 leaking?

Considering options here to include returning the product for another model or brand (e.g., Mopar, Rugged Ridge, Undercover, Lomax, etc.)

Thanks, y'all!
Did you ever get this sorted out I have an MX4 coming in the mail this week Hoping everything will be fine