Hardtop back glass window porthole question

MacNobody

First Name
Hamish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Does anyone know what the back glass looks like? Is it a manual slider or powered? I haven't been able to find any pictures of the inside back showing that.
Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I don’t think I’ve seen any videos showing anyone opening that rear window. But I would say that it’s more than likely a manually opening window. Main reason that I say this is because there is no mention of it anywhere as being a power operated window. You will see in the specifications that it has rear defrost. There’s lots of pictures out there of this window just no videos that I know of showing it being opened up.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Does anyone know what the back glass looks like? Is it a manual slider or powered? I haven't been able to find any pictures of the inside back showing that.
Not hard to find, there are many photos and some video views on YouTube - probably right here too ! ? I don't recall his name but the Head "Jeep Guy" in a couple video interviews (so far) have indicated it is only MANUAL, however in a couple photos I saw yesterday (from the inside), It looked like I was seeing some Wiring to a small box below the right corner of the sliding window, SO ? I'd post it it I could remember where . . . ? . . . might in fact of also been on this Forum ! ? Certainly would be nice if it were Auto Powered via a dash button ! I've never seen such a button in photos ! Wish I could be more help .

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Why does it seem from the outside that the glass is so much larger than it seems when you look at it from the inside? Look at the area below and above the center window.

9113D3AE-FACF-4695-A602-D4AB3BCF07AD.png

Sponsored

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
looks expensive if you break it

wooderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Not hard to find, there are many photos and some video views on YouTube - probably right here too ! ? I don't recall his name but the Head "Jeep Guy" in a couple video interviews (so far) have indicated it is only MANUAL, however in a couple photos I saw yesterday (from the inside), It looked like I was seeing some Wiring to a small box below the right corner of the sliding window, SO ? I'd post it it I could remember where . . . ? . . . might in fact of also been on this Forum ! ? Certainly would be nice if it were Auto Powered via a dash button ! I've never seen such a button in photos ! Wish I could be more help .
Have a link to the pics with the “wire” ???

ClawSS

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Sierra, 2010 Camaro. 2009 300C SRT8, 2004 Silverado
Why does it seem from the outside that the glass is so much larger than it seems when you look at it from the inside? Look at the area below and above the center window..
Yep, looks like exterior design glass that is unusable as a window in those areas. The defroster lines confirm the usable viewing area. Looks to be about the height of my side windows in the Camaro. Good thing there is a backup camera I guess.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Have a link to the pics with the “wire” ???
If I had remembered I would of posted in my Post, duh ! But I;m getting older & apparently more Senile by the day ?
Sorry, but now that I'm back online I will try to seek it out & if successful I will post it - promise ! It was real; I'm not insane, just a bit forgetful ! It's a "short-term" memory thing I suppose !

quick edit / ps; - as I was scrolling to the top I see JAY has post #4 & #5 photos . I also just realized the sliding window has heating wires in the glass too - so now I'm thinking the little box is for the connection heating the sliding window ! ! ! TaDa ! But I will still look around, unless JAY can confirm my thoughts (here) and perhaps put up a straight on photo of the rear window from the inside too ! ?