Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Culinary Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody know if the "headliner" for the hardtop (covers the bolts below the rear window) is available anywhere? When I search, all I find are the liners for the top (like Hotheads). TIA.
Sponsored

Buzzlb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland: The Overcon ā€˜82 CJ-7
Build Thread
Link
Look at. Coverking. I have Kilmat ready to go, still waiting on the liner, got a deal for another thread,.....

https://www.coverking.com/

Bear Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Pastor
The one from Coverking looks nicer (in pictures at least) than the original. I have the original and my son has a Wrangler without it and the difference is huge. I think this Coverking one would be better yet. Didn't see a price but probably worth it...

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tahoe
The coverking unit is $420 and I'm not sure how it would hold up with all that Velcro. I've had the hotheads and all the tape holding the Velcro didn't hold up in the Texas heat. Sagging sections were a pain to constantly fix.

Sponsored

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Huh?
The Hotheads headliner doesnā€™t use any Velcro.

Kevin
Sorry it was on my 2014 and whatever was used to keep it stuck to the roof did not hold up in the Texas heat. I've slept since then and traded it in 2017 so having to go from memory.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 1989 YJ
Occupation
Jeep Headliners
The coverking unit is $420 and I'm not sure how it would hold up with all that Velcro. I've had the hotheads and all the tape holding the Velcro didn't hold up in the Texas heat. Sagging sections were a pain to constantly fix.
Hi Joe, I'm sorry you're having issues. If you email us directly at [email protected] we'll take care of the issue right away.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend

-Mark

jcarbs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Joe, I'm sorry you're having issues. If you email us directly at [email protected] we'll take care of the issue right away.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend

-Mark
Mark - no issues, I no longer have that Jeep. I just wanted the OP to understand that for me and where I am in the country, the headliner staying in place was an issue. I was told that could be an issue but still purchased it. The benefits were amazing and that's why I am looking at it for my new Gladiator.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 1989 YJ
Occupation
Jeep Headliners
Mark - no issues, I no longer have that Jeep. I just wanted the OP to understand that for me and where I am in the country, the headliner staying in place was an issue. I was told that could be an issue but still purchased it. The benefits were amazing and that's why I am looking at it for my new Gladiator.
I'm sorry you did have issues.

On rare occasions, the tape does fail but it's not because of where you are in the country. We sell thousands of headliners in the hottest states (AZ, TX, FL, CA) without issue. The adhesive we use for our Hard Top Headliners is a high-quality 3M VHB tape with a high heat rating of 300Ā°+ degrees Fahrenheit. It's pretty serious tape and we are using more than needed on the headliner panels for more than a proper weight/tape ratio. With proper preparation, it should last a lifetime.

We are aware that some folks may miss a preparation step and also that installation conditions aren't always perfect, which both can absolutely cause issues.

Whenever there is an issue with the adhesive not sticking, we will take care of you and send out new tape and instructions to replace, on us. We pride ourselves with providing all of our customers with the best customer service as possible and we want everyone to be 100% satisfied with our products & service.

-Mark

Sponsored

mudfish

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 1998 TJ, 2022 Grand Cherokee L
Occupation
High School Science Teacher

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff

Gladijave

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GC, 2021 JTR
Does anybody know if I could put a sound deadener like noico on first, and then apply the cover king easily? I thought I saw someone who had done this, but Iā€˜ve read what seems like a hundred different things about headliners at this point, and now I canā€™t remember where I thought I saw it.

Iā€™ve never applied any kind of headliner before, so any videos or suggestions would be welcome!
Sponsored