Sponsored

Has Anyone Bought a JT Using a Buying Service?

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Curious if anyone has used to buying service to get a good price on a Gladiator. I'm referring to new vehicle buying services like those offered by credit unions and USAA. I think they now use TrueCar, but I'm not sure.

Using a buying service may be no different than going through the fleet sales or internet sales rep at a dealer. But since I'm a USAA member, I can go that route if it helps. I also have an Access Fund membership.
Sponsored

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Curious if anyone has used to buying service to get a good price on a Gladiator. I'm referring to new vehicle buying services like those offered by credit unions and USAA. I think they now use TrueCar, but I'm not sure.

Using a buying service may be no different than going through the fleet sales or internet sales rep at a dealer. But since I'm a USAA member, I can go that route if it helps. I also have an Access Fund membership.
yes - I used USAA - worked well the gladiator was very new in Aug when I ordered - took a bit more discussion. But overall I was very happy with the numbers

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
Can't remember how I disc
yes - I used USAA - worked well the gladiator was very new in Aug when I ordered - took a bit more discussion. But overall I was very happy with the numbers
I received/used a $500 off certificate from USAA, but can't remember if I had to fill out the vehicle search in order to obtain said certificate.

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator, 2002 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Gobi Edition
Why when you can routinely see 6% off invoice here? Buying services aren't going to get that for you.

NaughtyGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
USAA is going to put you through Truecar. You'll pay less than MSRP but you won't get anywhere near the deals folks here are getting. You're likely to do much better just emailing several dealers close to you. If you're not one who wants to haggle to get the best deal you can, you can use the service and save off MSRP without any haggling. Tread lightly membership would likely net you a better deal with no haggling but you'd have to wait 30 days.

Sponsored

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
USAA is going to put you through Truecar. You'll pay less than MSRP but you won't get anywhere near the deals folks here are getting. You're likely to do much better just emailing several dealers close to you. If you're not one who wants to haggle to get the best deal you can, you can use the service and save off MSRP without any haggling. Tread lightly membership would likely net you a better deal with no haggling but you'd have to wait 30 days.
100% agree. I'm a USAA member and they could not touch the deals that can be had here.

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I see you're from Colo Springs, flying to ATL is less than $300, getting to Mall of Georgia is $50 via Uber and then the drive. If you add that cost up, it is more than worth the time to go see Mike Mclinin there. You'll save 6% under invoice.

OP
OP
Klutch

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Thanks, everyone. I appreciate your input.

I can go to Boise and get 6% below invoice. My local dealer agreed to 4% with my Access Fund discount if I order a Gladiator. (Access Fund discount works just like Tread Lightly.) They have 24 Gladiators on the lot. I test drove one of those 24 over a month ago and it's still on the lot. It wold be nice if they would do the same deal on that truck. Unfortunately, I'm not quite ready to buy.

Sponsored

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, everyone. I appreciate your input.

I can go to Boise and get 6% below invoice. My local dealer agreed to 4% with my Access Fund discount if I order a Gladiator. (Access Fund discount works just like Tread Lightly.) They have 24 Gladiators on the lot. I test drove one of those 24 over a month ago and it's still on the lot. It wold be nice if they would do the same deal on that truck. Unfortunately, I'm not quite ready to buy.
4% is a great deal compared to the shysters in Memphis. I would have done 4% and saved the time driving from ATL.

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
USAA has never even come close to the final price I've gotten by going direct to the dealers.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
USAA has never even come close to the final price I've gotten by going direct to the dealers.
I ended up negotiating directly with dealer’s pricing, and was able to tack on the USAA $500 certificate at the very end

Paladin_JTR

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 JLUR
I used USAA before buying mine, truth be told I got a much better deal by just shopping around than the USAA deal. I kind of cheated though to be honest I guess, I locked in one rate via the service with a dealer and the price was basically non-negotiable. Then the wife and I went to that dealers sister dealership where my wife began negotiating that was literally 3 exits up the highway (same name but a different location) and negotiated a better deal for the same Jeep that they went and pulled off the original USAA service deal lot. This could be a case by case basis of course but for us it worked out better not using USAA. Best of luck in your search!

shokker70

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
I was already negotiating with a couple of dealers before using USAA. I did it for the extra half a point off the rate more than anything else. Still, the price they quoted me via USAA/TrueCar was still back of invoice at one dealer. I used to sell Jeeps, still know guys in the business. If dealers are going 4-6% back of invoice, there's an incentive from FCA covering the discount. Or they're making rate by forcing you to use Chrysler Financial, holding on trade, etc.

I was happy with $1500 under invoice. They made hold back and I'm ok with that. Purchased New Years Eve, Maybe I would've held out for more at another dealer, but I used to work with my sales guy. Traded my '18 JK and got about what was expecting. Now I just need my Jeep! Getting lift, tires, wheels, etc. Should be ready tomorrow!

1st post here. I'll post up some picks when I get it!
Sponsored