First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
I'm not concerned with the install its self where I have done them several times before.

1) Just looking to see where you might have installed yours up under the hood
2) did if come with enough hose length

If not I guess I'll be the first to get er dun!

Cheers
Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I know a few guys have run the breather hoses to the air filter housing. And the ends in the housing.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
OP
OP
Minty JL

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks gents.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Keep us posted on what you do!

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
There has been some discussion here on the topic. I think the consensus was the factory end caps are sufficient but could use some extended line to relocate higher - especially the transfer case.

I cannot remember where the front diff breather is, but the rear is up on the underside of the bed on the passenger side somewhere.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/water-fording-depth-update.26673/page-5
Isn't this a vent up in the engine bay, above the engine.......... Not sure why you'd need it higher. You'd hydro-lock the engine first.

Jeep Gladiator Has anyone installed the ARB diff breather kit on their JT 20221024_163044

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Isn't this a vent up in the engine bay, above the engine.......... Not sure why you'd need it higher. You'd hydro-lock the engine first.

Jeep Gladiator Has anyone installed the ARB diff breather kit on their JT 20221024_163044
if i remember correctly earlier in the thread that is the vent for the transmission. The front axle i think is near the air intake? the rear axle vent Should be right under the bed on the passenger side and it was the transfer case vent that was only a inch or two above the transfer housing. So the lowest open point. If i remember correctly anyway. I would have to go back and read that water fording thread again to be certain

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
The front axle vent is in a rally bad spot (IMO), and the vent doesn't have any type of filtration to it. Even though I don't do any real off-roading with my JT, I extended the vent and added a piece of small engine air filter to it.

Jeep Gladiator Has anyone installed the ARB diff breather kit on their JT 1674737824653

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
if i remember correctly earlier in the thread that is the vent for the transmission. The front axle i think is near the air intake? the rear axle vent Should be right under the bed on the passenger side and it was the transfer case vent that was only a inch or two above the transfer housing. So the lowest open point. If i remember correctly anyway. I would have to go back and read that water fording thread again to be certain
Yeah, I think you are right. It was late and I hurried. Bad.........

I agree with Jeff on the vents in any case, regardless of location - the lack of protection, filtration.

I think (in my opinion) the vents should be above the air intake - because no one is going to run these in water that is deep enough to get into and destroy an engine. So if the vents are higher and protected, there's little risk to the axles and transmission. The transfer case is a joke of a vent, IMO. That should be at least as high as the other vents, no lower. Why have some way up high and let the others swing under the truck, possibly drowning?

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Yeah, I think you are right. It was late and I hurried. Bad.........

I agree with Jeff on the vents in any case, regardless of location - the lack of protection, filtration.

I think (in my opinion) the vents should be above the air intake - because no one is going to run these in water that is deep enough to get into and destroy an engine. So if the vents are higher and protected, there's little risk to the axles and transmission. The transfer case is a joke of a vent, IMO. That should be at least as high as the other vents, no lower. Why have some way up high and let the others swing under the truck, possibly drowning?
Agreed. I plan on extending mine as well when the temps warm up enough to make the rubber a little more flexible.

But I thought the stock vents had that one way material in them.... Wasn't there talk on that on some other thread in here somewhere?

Sponsored

nickd

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Bright White
I went through this pond off-roading and the got stuck because something cut off power to the wheels. My best guess is the transfer case has some sort of temp sensor that cuts power if there is an immediate drop in temp indicating it's been submerged.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I went through this pond off-roading and the got stuck because something cut off power to the wheels. My best guess is the transfer case has some sort of temp sensor that cuts power if there is an immediate drop in temp indicating it's been submerged.

If that was the case it would happen to almost everyone.
And no - there's no electric clutch that would put it in neutral or "cut power" to the wheels.
Perhaps you got the engine wet and it was losing power.

If that transfer case sensed temperature like that, almost everyone here who has crossed a stream, creek of flown through muddy spots would be stuck. No way Jeep is going to cut power to the wheels in a possible life and death situation.
Heck, here you can hit water deep enough on I235 to kill it during one of our 3-5"/hour rains if that was the case.

nickd

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Bright White
It was very strange, I thought I had messed up the engine. We got it out of the water shut it off for like 5 min and then then everything worked like nothing happened....

I checked the air filter and there was no water present. I'm gonna change both diff fluids this week to check it

OP
OP
Minty JL

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The ARB kit had plenty of hose/line in the kit.

On the front diff I just slide the ARB line into the OEM vent hose to run it up to the breather on the firewall........as I did with the rear diff.

I need to post up the pics before I get it stupid nasty next weekend
Sponsored