Sponsored

Has anyone seen a MAXTow Package S model in person ?

LidLess07X

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Recon, 2001 TJ Sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with Roush S.C.
Has anyone seen a production model Sport or Sport S with the package ?. The description says "Molded IN Color" fender flares so are they color matched ? Wider ? Higher like the Rubicon ?

I've been doing inventory searches hoping one pops up in my area to see in person but nothing yet.

I think I have narrowed my decision down to a Sport S with Max Tow so I can get the 4:10 gears.
Sponsored

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
There just black not colored and there also not like the Rubicon flares. There are a couple pictures running around on threads. I'll see what I can dig up

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Has anyone seen a production model Sport or Sport S with the package ?. The description says "Molded IN Color" fender flares so are they color matched ? Wider ? Higher like the Rubicon ?

I've been doing inventory searches hoping one pops up in my area to see in person but nothing yet.

I think I have narrowed my decision down to a Sport S with Max Tow so I can get the 4:10 gears.
Screenshot_20190526-113845.png

Daddiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1998 Cherokee XJ, 2004 Crossfire, 2006 300 5.7
Occupation
Fabricator/Patternmaker
Not sure what it’s worth, but here’s two close ups I took of an S with max tow. Saw a red S with the 250$ package and couldn’t really tell a difference between the fenders.

D8155C65-B5BE-4F12-8624-6E168A941BA7.jpeg

66F05324-C41D-4E74-B28A-4E6734D6FBC3.jpeg

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The Max Tow and Rubicon both have the "MM2" fenders in the order guide. If you look close you'll see a lip on them to accommodate that added 0.75" of axle width at each corner.

Oddly, though they share the same order code, the Rubicon version does sit higher for added tire clearance..

Abunchahicks

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 Grand wagoneer
The order guide appears to be wrong concerning the fenders. The Sport with max tow package come with completely different fenders front and rear than any other JT. They have the extra lip and the the fronts are not highlines like the Rubicon. While the Rubicon comes with the wider axles it does not have the extra lip on the fenders. Honestly I can’t believe they make completely different parts for the max tow sports.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Thank you. Also been wondering since the sport max tow was one I thought alot about. So these look like heavy duty plastic flares, which might just be totally cool for my taste. Thanks!

The Acme Company

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE 2018 JLUR
Is the hood different for the max tow package or is the JT Sport hood different from a JL?

In the pictures you guys posted, the hood looks domed but not vented. I thought the JL Sport hood was flat.

Unclerez

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT
Occupation
Director of Business Development
I am not cool with plastic fenders on the JT. If I wanted the flat black plastic fenders I would have ordered them. Paying way to much for this to not have a say in the fenders. Come on Jeep, you can do better than this.

Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I am not cool with plastic fenders on the JT. If I wanted the flat black plastic fenders I would have ordered them. Paying way to much for this to not have a say in the fenders. Come on Jeep, you can do better than this.
The painted fenders are plastic, also...

Kevin

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
I think mine (Sport S) may be what you’re looking for. Unless you’re wanting the non color matched flares which I think look better on some body paint colors. I got mine at Clear Lake Jeep in Houston, TX area but it was the only one. Bayway Jeep here has A TON of Max Tow Sports and Sport S.

Jeep Gladiator Has anyone seen a MAXTow Package S model in person ? 374676FF-ACA1-4485-B2EF-E14ADA05E023

Jeep Gladiator Has anyone seen a MAXTow Package S model in person ? 86247847-460C-4B82-A26D-B3005C351281

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I have a sport S max tow

the fenders have the extra lip front and rear to account for the winder axel.

The rubi fenders are higher than the max tow, but just as wide. They just don't have the lip.

The molded in color just means black plastic. Which I personally love since its less painted surface to be effected by road debris. The painted fenders are nice but many folks end up putting film on the fronts to keep them from chipping with normal use.

The hood is standard across all sport and sport s models. The rubi / Mojave have a different hood. Id suggest getting a matt black hood decal. The design of the hood made the sun shoot directly into my eyes in the morning. The matte black hood decal took care of that issue.

JTMT is the way to go IMO.

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Here's my 2021 Sport S max Tow
Jeep Gladiator Has anyone seen a MAXTow Package S model in person ? Spring day
Jeep Gladiator Has anyone seen a MAXTow Package S model in person ? Woods

Unclerez

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT
Occupation
Director of Business Development
The painted fenders are plastic, also...

Kevin
So are they plastic, but painted body color? Sting-Grey body, will I have Sting-Grey fenders?
Sponsored