Sponsored

Has this ever happened to you (light reactions on lifted Jeep)

Narpet

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Director of Ops
I lifted my jeep a couple weeks ago and put bigger tires on. Now when I drive at night, many drivers in the oncoming lane will flash their bright lights at me, as if giving a warning that my brights are on.

My brights are never on with this happens, and I always flash them my brights to show it. Am I now at a height that makes people think I'm driving with the bright lights on? Has this happened to anyone out there after a lift?

They're driving me crazy... and it's a short drive. :)
Sponsored

Sponsored

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Probably covered in your lift instructions, last page. Good Luck!

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
yes and yes, 12' JKU with 2.5 lift and JW Speaker lights, adjusted them 2 times, everyone was flashing me when I was in Virginia, came to FL. and the lifted GM guys were even flashing me years after adjusting, Glad, not lifted, sometimes I get a flash sometimes not,

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Sponsored

WoolyKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Engineer
Many came from the factory misaligned.
I have a factory setup and still get flashed by others all the time. Will let the dealer adjust it for me at next oil change. Surprisingly the truck passed Mass State inspection without getting flaggedā€¦ šŸ§

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I have a factory setup and still get flashed by others all the time. Will let the dealer adjust it for me at next oil change. Surprisingly the truck passed Mass State inspection without getting flaggedā€¦ šŸ§
If it's like most states they don't check for that at inspections only if they work or not. I've seen some people running straight up Led off-road lights for headlights in North Carolina and pass inspection at multiple inspection stations.

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
I'm one of those that will flash at people like OP. You should always measure your lights before and after to make sure you're not being 'one of those guys' who doesn't seem to care about blinding others. Please adjust accordingly.

WoolyKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Engineer
Massachusetts is pretty strict, usually with a brand new car you get a pass without technicians doing the check, since itā€™s supposed to be ā€œcompliantā€ from the factory. Anything used they usually catch stuff like that. Is there a TSB on light alignment from factory, or is it more of a theory?

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I lifted my jeep a couple weeks ago and put bigger tires on. Now when I drive at night, many drivers in the oncoming lane will flash their bright lights at me, as if giving a warning that my brights are on.

My brights are never on with this happens, and I always flash them my brights to show it. Am I now at a height that makes people think I'm driving with the bright lights on? Has this happened to anyone out there after a lift?

They're driving me crazy... and it's a short drive. :)
This is why you have to add off-road lights and continue the arms race
Sponsored