Hauling dogs? What’s your setup?

Rara03p

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Been searching for something through this forum and online. There’s NOTHING! Thinking of rigging up a bed rack system with a cargo net and installing some d-rings in the center of the bed as well. Would love to see everyone’s setups or products available, as I have a new gladiator, 4 adventurous pups and lots of travel to do!!
Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Pooch goes in the back seat with a harness that attaches to the seat belt buckle directly and a pad that makes a half bucket on one side. Keeps him off my kid on the other side.

I realize that doesn't probably work for 4 dogs unless they're small ones, and they have a full size version for the whole seat
Jeep Gladiator Hauling dogs? What’s your setup? IMG_20200604_143932

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
I have a Great Pyrenees, use a crate in the bed. Can not imagine getting the hair out of the black interior.

Sponsored

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Watching this thread also. I have a wife, two kids and two Boxer’s. I’m the cab isn’t an option. They are both around 80 lbs.

now trying to figure out what to do if we go camping with the dogs... we have a large travel trailer, any suggestions? Was looking at a sift cab cover and crate, I know it’s a touchy subject but they might be safe in the trailer...

Where did you get this cover from ?

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I have a leash that connects the tie down in the bed, nearest the rear window, that has three small leads attached to the center. Lets all three of my pups hang out in the bed with out being able to jump over the sides in excitement.

https://www.amazon.com/Cetacea-Teth...rds=truck+bed+dog+leash&qid=1596205666&sr=8-8

with this

https://www.amazon.com/Cetacea-Pet-.../B004SZ39XS/ref=psdc_2975330011_t2_B00AS4WFO2

and a strong D ring to connect the 3 leads to the bed tether.

Ive also been looking at a soft topper to give them more roam space for longer trips.

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Nice! Definitely looking for something a bit more roomy (and of course safe) for my pups!

Jeep Gladiator Hauling dogs? What’s your setup? BCA648C7-6001-4237-A5CF-9E181C2F0812
The best setup I’ve seen is when people have removed the rear seat. Not practical for me since I have 3 kids, but there just isn’t very much room back there. Plus, it just awkward for a dog to jump in the back. Not much room on the floor and the seat is rather high. My older husky would struggle to make it in the back seat. The second best method I’ve seen for room would be a hard cap and something soft for them to lay on. Aussies? Good looking dogs bro.

Nick1941

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Jeep Gladiator Hauling dogs? What’s your setup? 20200722_142805
Jeep Gladiator Hauling dogs? What’s your setup? 20200709_124352

Honestly our two full grown European Doberman fit nicely with their dog beds down on the floor (gladiator tray removed) seat folded up. I was worried about them fitting and stepping all over my cup holders but putting down two dog beds eliminates that. I also have a pet cover that drapes over the seats that are folded up to prevent hair.

Sponsored

Bigphe JT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 1979 Jeep CJ7
Watching this thread also. I have a wife, two kids and two Boxer’s. I’m the cab isn’t an option. They are both around 80 lbs.

now trying to figure out what to do if we go camping with the dogs... we have a large travel trailer, any suggestions? Was looking at a sift cab cover and crate, I know it’s a touchy subject but they might be safe in the trailer...

Where did you get this cover from ?
Looks like a great cover. I would be interested in where to purchase also. My 11 year old might not find it comfortable but it looks like a great cover to keep the seats clean and easy to put on and pull off. Thanks!

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I have debated on putting on an overland style rack just so that i had a frame to attach some hardware mesh to for a giant dog crate when needed. We have 2 & they arent smart enough that I would trust them not to jump out from the bed. No room in the cab with 2 adults & 2 kids.

OP
OP

Rara03p

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I have a leash that connects the tie down in the bed, nearest the rear window, that has three small leads attached to the center. Lets all three of my pups hang out in the bed with out being able to jump over the sides in excitement.

https://www.amazon.com/Cetacea-Teth...rds=truck+bed+dog+leash&qid=1596205666&sr=8-8

with this

https://www.amazon.com/Cetacea-Pet-.../B004SZ39XS/ref=psdc_2975330011_t2_B00AS4WFO2

and a strong D ring to connect the 3 leads to the bed tether.

Ive also been looking at a soft topper to give them more roam space for longer trips.
I’ve looked at the softtopper but I don’t like that it has no windows on the sides or airflow. I like the d-ring idea so they can roam the bed. I just ordered the jrc half rack. Once it comes in I’ll be measuring it out and making a stop at army surplus to secure the cargo netting. 3-5 week lead times right now on them!! Crazy

OP
OP

Rara03p

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I have debated on putting on an overland style rack just so that i had a frame to attach some hardware mesh to for a giant dog crate when needed. We have 2 & they arent smart enough that I would trust them not to jump out from the bed. No room in the cab with 2 adults & 2 kids.
I’m thinking canvas cargo mesh so they don’t get stuck in the netting. I still want to be able to take it on and off in case I need to load a moto or something
Sponsored