Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroad-source.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator. 2017 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Social Media Manager @ Offroad-source.com
We have gotten lots of new products added to the Gladiator Visualizer, Check it out here .

Easiest way to shop for your Gladiator online, Add Wheels, Tires, Suspension Lift, Bumpers and much more.

This works for most mobile phones, PC works best.

Go From This..... To This

Gladiator VV 1.png
Gladiator VV 2.png

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately it doesn't work in Safari with default privacy settings. (prevent cross site tracking)

**edit** - I used to help design business process software for a fortune 50 company. I didn't do coding, but worked with the internal customer to define requirements and flows as well as UI stuff.

So here are some other things.

1)I"m running MS Edge with relaxed security settings (allows cross site tracking) because my bank's bill pay requires it. Your configurator works fine with this browser.

2) I own a Mojave and attempted to put 315/70-17s and it flat out refuses to put the tires into the configurator with an error message "tires not available at current lift height".

My suggestion to you is to disable all the nanny rules and let people configure how they want. Its a dumb thing to do. You aren't installing the stuff. You have no liability. If your attorneys' are worried then do something like allow the configuration and but flag it at checkout.

Yeah, Yeah, I know. Its not a bug. Its a feature. Its a feature that will annoy users who will close the window and never come back. Trust me, this is good advice. Heed it. You need to do anything you can to make the site "sticky". Telling people they can't do a very common mod in your configurator is not sticky.

One other suggestion. The customer can't change vehicle color to match their color. This should involve relatively simple coding.

If this is possible, then your user interface is flawed and it is not obvious enough. It should be simple to do. Once someone goes through the drop downs and selects model and sub-model, a good addition would be another drop down with color selection. Or add it to the page with the photo of the stock Jeep.

No consulting fee for this advice.

abe57

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
retired
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like red is default ... will not let you choose the color. never mind looks like it takes a while to respond !

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Needs a 360 degree option so we can view head on. Otherwise it’s helpful.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
One other suggestion. The customer can't change vehicle color to match their color. This should involve relatively simple coding.
Looks like red is default ... will not let you choose the color. never mind looks like it takes a while to respond !
Just to play a little devil's advocate here, you can definitely select vehicle color. First thing I saw when it loaded up.

1662990775715.png

1662991089126.png

What bugs me is I can't put a soft top on it 🤣 .

Last edited:
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RN
@offroad_source , this is a great tool. I look forward to using it as soon as it is corrected to work with my cross-site tracking block in place.

OP
OP
offroad_source

offroad_source

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroad-source.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Color Choice is found under the exterior field :)

Let me know if you need anymore assistance.

OP
OP
offroad_source

offroad_source

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroad-source.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Needs a 360 degree option so we can view head on. Otherwise it’s helpful.
Working on that! We got as far as front side view and rear for bumpers and bed accessories.

OP
OP
offroad_source

offroad_source

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroad-source.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unfortunately it doesn't work in Safari with default privacy settings. (prevent cross site tracking)

**edit** - I used to help design business process software for a fortune 50 company. I didn't do coding, but worked with the internal customer to define requirements and flows as well as UI stuff.

So here are some other things.

1)I"m running MS Edge with relaxed security settings (allows cross site tracking) because my bank's bill pay requires it. Your configurator works fine with this browser.

2) I own a Mojave and attempted to put 315/70-17s and it flat out refuses to put the tires into the configurator with an error message "tires not available at current lift height".

My suggestion to you is to disable all the nanny rules and let people configure how they want. Its a dumb thing to do. You aren't installing the stuff. You have no liability. If your attorneys' are worried then do something like allow the configuration and but flag it at checkout.

Yeah, Yeah, I know. Its not a bug. Its a feature. Its a feature that will annoy users who will close the window and never come back. Trust me, this is good advice. Heed it. You need to do anything you can to make the site "sticky". Telling people they can't do a very common mod in your configurator is not sticky.

If this is possible, then your user interface is flawed and it is not obvious enough. It should be simple to do. Once someone goes through the drop downs and selects model and sub-model, a good addition would be another drop down with color selection. Or add it to the page with the photo of the stock Jeep.

No consulting fee for this advice.
Appreciate this feedback! The "nanny rules" are in place for a reason, We don't need customers ordering 40 inch tires expecting them to fit without a lift kit.

The cross site tracking is something ive mentioned to the developer thank you for that suggestion and the vehicle color can be changed in the exterior mods section.

Thanks for all your feedback, and thanks for not charging a fee LOL.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Appreciate this feedback! The "nanny rules" are in place for a reason, We don't need customers ordering 40 inch tires expecting them to fit without a lift kit.
I think @dcmdon is on to something here. But I also appreciate where you are coming from as a company.

I think a fair compromise would be to allow the customer to add them to the Visualizer as he recommends, but the "nanny rules" kick in with a disclaimer (rather than preventing it entirely) next to the offending item (like a ⚠ icon).

That way the customer could load/see what they want, but be informed of the potential fitment issue. They could put the wheels they want on there first, because lets be honest people think aesthetics before function, but they can then add the lift kit to get the ⚠ icon to go away.

Right now it just won't let them (or me! I want to do it too!). That will unfortunately encourage them to leave the site rather than try and figure it out. If you get them to add stuff, fitment issues aside, and then tell them they need more, you'll get more and they'll hang around. Win-win, with the benefit of potential increased bundle sales.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
Working on that! We got as far as front side view and rear for bumpers and bed accessories.
Perfect! Any reason the black rhino Arsenal are listed on the website but not on the build? I tried adding them but they’re non-existent.

OP
OP
offroad_source

offroad_source

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroad-source.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I think @dcmdon is on to something here. But I also appreciate where you are coming from as a company.

I think a fair compromise would be to allow the customer to add them to the Visualizer as he recommends, but the "nanny rules" kick in with a disclaimer (rather than preventing it entirely) next to the offending item (like a ⚠ icon).

That way the customer could load/see what they want, but be informed of the potential fitment issue. They could put the wheels they want on there first, because lets be honest people think aesthetics before function, but they can then add the lift kit to get the ⚠ icon to go away.

Right now it just won't let them. That will unfortunately encourage them to leave the site rather than try and figure it out. If you get them to add stuff, fitment issues aside, and then tell them they need more, you'll get more and they'll hang around. Win-win, with the benefit of potential increased bundle sales.
Love this idea! Will implement soon!

Perfect! Any reason the black rhino Arsenal are listed on the website but not on the build? I tried adding them but they’re non-existent.

We only could install the items on the visualizer that the MFG would send us. We may be able to add them later but at the time Black Rhino would only release certain wheels to us, as did many other MFGS.