Sponsored

HAVOC 12k Synthetic rope winch and fairlead $299! new online.

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
Im not selling this, but in my slightly inebriated internet searching last night I came across this deal. A 12k HAVOC winch with a synthetic Cable and fairlead for 299 bucks. 399 + a 100 dollar rebate. This isn't at some random site its at Autoanything.com. I went to the HAVOC website and these things range in price with the synthetic rope at 4wheel and Quadratec and others for 549 to 700 bucks.

There is't too many reviews anywhere in this thing, but it comes with a 5 year warranty- its not a Warn or Xrc, but HAVOC has some other decent products, bumpers and armor, and has been around for a while

https://www.autoanything.com/winches/havoc-offroad-winch.

I guess get em while they last.

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 2.29.55 PM.png
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't heard of them making a winch. That's a good price. I'm probably going with the Badlands Apex Winch with synthetic Rope. It's $515 at Harbor Freight.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Found this. Seems like it's getting him out ok. Haven't heard a lot about them though. At that price point it would be interesting to know about winch speed.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
as a cheap bastard who just ordered a warn last night trying this for well under half the cost of the made in china warn (vr evo 10s) I ordered is tempting.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
as a cheap bastard who just ordered a warn last night trying this for well under half the cost of the made in china warn (vr evo 10s) I ordered is tempting.
I feel the same way. I would consider it but $515 for the Harbor Freight Apex 12000lb seems like a good deal and it's proven, I've saw the cheaper ones in action and they may be slow but they get it done. I can't justify the $130 savings on something I don't know much about but if it was $400-$500 savings, I'd probably be all over it.

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I feel the same way. I would consider it but $515 for the Harbor Freight Apex 12000lb seems like a good deal and it's proven, I've saw the cheaper ones in action and they may be slow but they get it done. I can't justify the $130 savings on something I don't know much about but if it was $400-$500 savings, I'd probably be all over it.
That kinda where I am at Even on sale it was just over 700 so getting this instead for 300 after rebate is a savings of 400 bucks. Even with the Warn made in china I am sure its still higher quality, but 400 bucks is 400 bucks Especially for something that I may never use (never "had" to before, but have just to put the winch to use)

OP
OP
Indavis01

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So I went to the HAVOC website to see if there were more links or specs and was playing with the numbers- you can actually get the steel cable 12k winch direct on their website for an effective price of 269 (369 -100 rebate). When you select the Synthetic winch it's 599, so no deal there, but hell- at 269, throw one on you wife's Volvo, your Polaris, your kids barbie Jeep...... There are more details listed on the HAVOC site. and Jeeperjamie posted a vid above of someone pulling an LJ up a pretty steep incline.

It looks like these things came out in 2017 and no one bought them so they are clearing them out at cost, maybe even taking a loss.... If they were crap someone would have complained by now?

https://havocoffroad.com/p/havoc-offroad-12-000lb-winch/

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the link, I have one in "cart" depending on how much for shipping I will replace my 20 + year old Ramsey winch with it. It should be a lower power draw. I'm trying to find out what it weight is now. Starting to look like I'm going to need a set of front spacers to lift front end back up. Speed of winches is a relative thing, if your stuck your not moving ;) I have a older HF 8k winch to, it's slow as H### but if you're stuck it's moving you. $434 with synthetic winch line worth a shot being quite over the weight capacity needed, I was planning on getting a Badlands 12 k in future.

OP
OP
Indavis01

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the link, I have one in "cart" depending on how much for shipping I will replace my 20 + year old Ramsey winch with it. It should be a lower power draw. I'm trying to find out what it weight is now. Starting to look like I'm going to need a set of front spacers to lift front end back up. Speed of winches is a relative thing, if your stuck your not moving ;) I have a older HF 8k winch to, it's slow as H### but if you're stuck it's moving you. $434 with synthetic winch line worth a shot being quite over the weight capacity needed, I was planning on getting a Badlands 12 k in future.
Shipping should be free. I get mine today. I'll let you know what the weight its.
I'm hoping the bumper drops the lift on the front by an 3/4 of an inch or so, as the 2.5 inch lift I put on is more like 3.5.

I don't have time until the 20th to put on the new bumper and the winch, but as soon as I do, I'll post pictures.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yep free shipping, I started to save screen shot of my order their dang chat box blocked me and went to their chat so now I don't have the order number. I'll have 7, 8 or so winches now. 2 8k, 9.5k, 6k, 12.5k (ordered) and few lower capacity. If I can I will mount the 6k in back behind bumper later down the road. It's a short drum winch, it would be handy for dragging stuff on flat bed trailer.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Shipping should be free. I get mine today. I'll let you know what the weight its.
I'm hoping the bumper drops the lift on the front by an 3/4 of an inch or so, as the 2.5 inch lift I put on is more like 3.5.

I don't have time until the 20th to put on the new bumper and the winch, but as soon as I do, I'll post pictures.
Were you able to get a weight on the winch. I am curious because I'm about to make a decision on what route I want to go as far as winch. Pretty much got the bumpers figured out.

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, 2009 Toyota Tacoma
OP
OP
Indavis01

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Were you able to get a weight on the winch. I am curious because I'm about to make a decision on what route I want to go as far as winch. Pretty much got the bumpers figured out.
It's probably around 70 lbs, I have the Venator bumper I'm putting on and then the winch this afternoon. I'll throw it on a scale and let you know how it goes. It looks pretty good from the box, especially if you like orange. I'll post pix later.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well I will say make sure you have a winch line extension for it, from the specs. I have read short winch line. Not a problem for me I have a few already but thought I'd reminds others of that. Nothing like having a winch line be to short... Been there done that and it will be just a few feet short or 20 ft plus. :headbang: I ended up using a 20 strap as tree saver and 2 other 20-25 ft straps to. Another good thing with winch rope over cable easy to store.
Well Tim I do like orange ;) in fact that's the color I installed on my 8k Ramsey winch.

OP
OP
Indavis01

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Here are the pictures. The bumper was a bit of a PITA however its all on and functional. I have a shackle coming for the end of the cable on Monday, But I'm pretty pleased.

Jeep Gladiator HAVOC 12k Synthetic rope winch and fairlead $299! new online. IMG_2430

Jeep Gladiator HAVOC 12k Synthetic rope winch and fairlead $299! new online. IMG_2433

Jeep Gladiator HAVOC 12k Synthetic rope winch and fairlead $299! new online. IMG_2434

IMG_2436.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg
Sponsored