Headed that direction...

Snozzberry

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Looks like I will be headed to the Seattle area for a few years soon. I will be headed that way from the desert so I know it is going to require re-rigging the Jeep for the long term. Any suggestions on necessities for the rig that could be different up there? Any input is appreciated.
Sponsored

jeep1

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2024 JLURX
Depends on what you do with your Jeep.

If its your DD and you need to travel over the passes in the winter, you will want to at least consider something more snow rated (K02s, Duratracs etc..). I run Trail Grapplers and while they are great in snow on the forest roads, they aren't remotely as good in a blizzard on the I-90 as the dedicated snow tires on our X3 ! As long as you have "traction tires" and 4wd you don't need chains but you are required to actually have a set if "chains required" conditions apply. Or you can just run studded tires.

Trail wise ... its rocks and trees (gotta love pinstripping). Lots of mud and water in the winter when your only real choices are the lower altitudes (everything else is snowed under until May/June) although there are some great forest roads that are semi-plowed.

Camping ... anything that keeps you dry :)

OP
OP

Snozzberry

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Depends on what you do with your Jeep.

If its your DD and you need to travel over the passes in the winter, you will want to at least consider something more snow rated (K02s, Duratracs etc..). I run Trail Grapplers and while they are great in snow on the forest roads, they aren't remotely as good in a blizzard on the I-90 as the dedicated snow tires on our X3 ! As long as you have "traction tires" and 4wd you don't need chains but you are required to actually have a set if "chains required" conditions apply. Or you can just run studded tires.

Trail wise ... its rocks and trees (gotta love pinstripping). Lots of mud and water in the winter when your only real choices are the lower altitudes (everything else is snowed under until May/June) although there are some great forest roads that are semi-plowed.

Camping ... anything that keeps you dry :)
Thanks for the input, just put some klevers on it today and they have the snow rating. I’ll go ahead and grab a set of chains anyway just in case.

BA33

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Willys Sport (sold), '22 JT Willys Sport
Occupation
Teacher
Looks like I will be headed to the Seattle area for a few years soon. I will be headed that way from the desert so I know it is going to require re-rigging the Jeep for the long term. Any suggestions on necessities for the rig that could be different up there? Any input is appreciated.
If you haven't done much time in Washington, it's important to know that 2/3 of the state is dry (desert-light, not Death Valley style). Don't get rid of stuff that you bought for New Mexico's terrain specifically.
Sponsored