First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Willys, 2015 JK Willys, 2001 Ram 2500
Occupation
Active Duty
I've been wanting to take a jeep trip out to MOAB ever since I visited Arches around 5 years ago. Now I've got the chance to go with a group people and have a few questions for those that have experience out there. Also, if anyone around here will be in the area and would like to link up feel free to let me know.

First off, the group i'm going with is a mixed bag of off roaders, hikers, and MTN bikers. Some are getting there Thursday (Oct 6) and some (including me) are arriving early Friday afternoon. The MTN bikers will bike "the whole enchilada" friday morning and we are meeting up that evening to camp. I expect to get to Moab around 2-3pm any recommended trails/sights to check out that can be completed in a few hours before we all meet up at the campsite?

Saturday the off road group is going to tackle fins & things along with hells revenge. I'll be in a 2 door JK lifted on 35s with rear LSD. I'm hoping to hit hells gate but unless there is a good spotter that i'm comfortable with i'll likely take the bypass because I'm not looking to flat tow a flipped jeep back to colorado springs.

Sunday is a free day as some people are leaving and others are staying. What trail would y'all recommend with good views and a good campsite at the end? I'll be with my g/f and we'd love to catch a great sunset.

Thanks for any help y'all can give. And once again, if anyone is interested in coming feel free to let me know.
Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I've been wanting to take a jeep trip out to MOAB ever since I visited Arches around 5 years ago. Now I've got the chance to go with a group people and have a few questions for those that have experience out there. Also, if anyone around here will be in the area and would like to link up feel free to let me know.

First off, the group i'm going with is a mixed bag of off roaders, hikers, and MTN bikers. Some are getting there Thursday (Oct 6) and some (including me) are arriving early Friday afternoon. The MTN bikers will bike "the whole enchilada" friday morning and we are meeting up that evening to camp. I expect to get to Moab around 2-3pm any recommended trails/sights to check out that can be completed in a few hours before we all meet up at the campsite?

Saturday the off road group is going to tackle fins & things along with hells revenge. I'll be in a 2 door JK lifted on 35s with rear LSD. I'm hoping to hit hells gate but unless there is a good spotter that i'm comfortable with i'll likely take the bypass because I'm not looking to flat tow a flipped jeep back to colorado springs.

Sunday is a free day as some people are leaving and others are staying. What trail would y'all recommend with good views and a good campsite at the end? I'll be with my g/f and we'd love to catch a great sunset.

Thanks for any help y'all can give. And once again, if anyone is interested in coming feel free to let me know.
Darn. I’ll be there the following weekend with a few forum members. You’ll have fun with fins and hells. Poison spider and top of the world are also personal favorites. Top of the world takes way less time than spider, but is further away, so it’s s toss up. Both are completely doable with your setup, but there might be a few careful line choices without at least a rear locker. But the lsd is better than being open.

OP
OP
Medical_Bartender

Medical_Bartender

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Willys, 2015 JK Willys, 2001 Ram 2500
Occupation
Active Duty
Darn. I’ll be there the following weekend with a few forum members. You’ll have fun with fins and hells. Poison spider and top of the world are also personal favorites. Top of the world takes way less time than spider, but is further away, so it’s s toss up. Both are completely doable with your setup, but there might be a few careful line choices without at least a rear locker. But the lsd is better than being open.
Thanks for the info. I was following your thread meeting up the week after I'll be there and was hoping the timing would work out, but work schedules and all... :(

I'll take a look at top of the world, that seems like a helluva nice ride so maybe we'll do that sunday before heading back to CS. About how long would you say it takes to complete at an enjoyable pace?

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info. I was following your thread meeting up the week after I'll be there and was hoping the timing would work out, but work schedules and all... :(

I'll take a look at top of the world, that seems like a helluva nice ride so maybe we'll do that sunday before heading back to CS. About how long would you say it takes to complete at an enjoyable pace?
I recorded it on Gaia and just checked. The recording was 6 hours 45 minutes. It’s a there and back. The entire thing was fun. It was faster up than down. I did hang out at the top for close to an hour though. And I did spend some time on more difficult lines than were required. But it was fun and I was solo for much of it. It’s one I’ll definitely do again.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase