Heading to killington Jeep Jamboree

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
Heading out for my first Jeep jamboree tomorrow. Going to Killington, Vt. I did all the mods I could in preparation for some off road trips……..for now. Front locker and possibly a SC in the future.
- front bumper
- winch
- tires
- rims
- lift
- skid plates
- sliders
- snorkel (just for looks)
- soft top and other bells and whistles
Anyone else going?
Jeep Gladiator Heading to killington Jeep Jamboree EC50CCEC-3FF5-4DE7-9787-FAD0172A35E1
Sponsored

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
Always wanted to do that one since I learned how to snowboard up at Killington. Sell's out so quick.

LzyHkr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Never wheeled the trails at Killington. Been on quite a few of the Class IV roads in that area. Hope you have/had a blast. Post up when you get back on how the JT handled the trails.

OP
OP
Puch

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
Always wanted to do that one since I learned how to snowboard up at Killington. Sell's out so quick.
Yes, at the drivers meeting the first day, they said it sold out in 15min!

Dreaded1

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
One of my co-workers is the President of the Adirondack Jeep Club. He's been cutting the trails at Killington for this event.

I went to the Lake George Jeep invasion a few weeks ago. That was a blast.

Sponsored

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
Post pics if you got them.

OP
OP
Puch

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
Never wheeled the trails at Killington. Been on quite a few of the Class IV roads in that area. Hope you have/had a blast. Post up when you get back on how the JT handled the trails.
Had a great time. Jamboree staff was great and very helpful on the trails. Was able to meet a few people from all over the east coast and learn about some of the other jamborees. I don’t have lockers and I didn’t know what to expect so I stayed on the 3-4 trails (class 4). I’d say 60% of the two trails I tried were easy. The other 40% were a little challenging. One stock JT got hung up on some rocks and needed a tug. I hit the belly skids and dragged the trailer hitch a few times but no real damage. The majority of Jeeps were built or rubicon’s but the gladiator had no trouble staying with them on the most difficult sections. I saw maybe 5 or six gladiators out of the 100+ Jeep’s.
After going over some impressive size boulders, I’m glad I had a a lift. If I could do it again, I’d try one of the 4-5 trail. I’m not a beginner so I found the two trails to be slow going due to the amount of Jeep’s and the level of 4 wheeling that some people had. I didn’t have much opportunity to take pics but here are a couple. The wife and I plan on doing another one next year and I hope to step up the difficulty a little.

00F1A185-59DD-404C-850E-966A9923DDCF.png

7EDAED00-B8F6-436E-B8D9-723228D56530.png

9AF7BC51-D79D-4BEF-9D1A-A9CBE4079E7A.png

2435C64E-B39E-4B23-8AF9-134D7F02D1F2.jpeg

LzyHkr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Beautiful area. Glad to hear your JT handled the trails you were on. Agree one of the downsides of large events is the amount of rigs heading out in one trail run. I do love wheeling in that area. Seeing your photos has me even more excited for the VT overland event I'm attending in September, The Pilgrimage (formerly Vermont Overland Bird Safari).
Sponsored