Sponsored

Headlight adjustment needed with Mopar 2" lift?

Hostile4Jeeps

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
If I’m only installing a mopar 2” lift without any additional leveling kit (on a JTRD), will the headlights need adjusting downward afterwards? I dont’t believe so but wanted to inquire with the pros here.
Sponsored

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
I believe each lift kit has instructions for aligning headlights.. You might not need an adjustment but you should check the aim; just in case.

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Any lift/lower adjustment (front or back) ,also, add a steel bumper and/or winch any permanent mods adding weight and it is recommended that the headlights be adjusted. Super simple check out this on youtube.

OP
OP
Hostile4Jeeps

Hostile4Jeeps

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Let’s say the lift is installed and the height of the back and front increase by the same amount? I’ll for sure do the wall test and follow the kits instructions but if the increase is the same front and back I wouldn’t think it would.

With a leveling kit, yes for sure, I get that…

Mdeeter

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
Biomedical tech
You will need to adjust down. It’s a simple process. But yes any adjustment in height will require adjustment. Even if front and back Are raised evenly, your aim still raises how ever many inches. That’s going to blind oncoming people.

Sponsored

Fastwake

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It is simple to do Look on you tube I did mine at night against the garage door and it was simple. Just make sure that when you turn the adjustment the same

rob_o

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Build Thread
Link
you'll need to adjust them, super simple to do with a screwdriver kit, you just spin the adjuster left or right for up/down aiming

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Yes, as others have said you need to adjust the headlights as they are now sitting higher than they were and more apt to blind oncoming drivers.

There are instructions included with the MOPAR kit but here's a simple explanation.

- With the gas tank full and tires at normal pressure measure from the ground to the center of the headlight.
- Take that measurement and mark it on a garage/wall with a couple of pieces of tape
- Position truck 25ft from the wall and aim beams to center on the tape marks (move adjustment screws clockwise/counterclockwise)

oldhp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Galdiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
You want the headlight cutoff beam to be 1.5" "lower" than the center of the headlights at 25 FEET from JEEP headlight to door/wall. 2017 4 door, 2020 Gladiator and current 2021 Gladiator all have been aimed waaaaaay too high to the point you could hardly tell when the brights were on. The 4 door was flashed when I first got it. The first night I had both the 2020-2021 Gladiators both were re-aimed.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Measure up to the center of your headlight after you lift it. Go to a solid surface and measure from ground up and put a piece of tape or mark on the wall at that height. Then back the jeep up 25ft. If your cutoff isn't at the mark or tape or just below it adjust them up or down until they are. If you lift it, add weight ext.... No matter if it's even front and back or not, they will need to be adjusted.

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
As everyone else stated, short answer is yes. If you add additional weight to your Jeep (i.e. off road bumpers, winch, hard top bed cover, bed rack, etc.) after installing the lift that might drop your front/rear, you may need to readjust them again. At 25 FT from a wall on a level surface, I dropped mine to @ 3'6" high. They still seem a little too low for me, so I'm going to raise them a little bit at a time until I find the sweet spot to where I have a better field of light, but I'm not getting flashed by other cars. I have the Mopar lift, but I'm also on 37's. My general rule of thumb is if I pull up behind a standard-sized sedan, I don't want my lights shining much above their trunk lid.
Sponsored