Akwestender

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cherokee
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone been able to order the heated seats with a manual tranny? Online builder requires an auto but I'd really like that combo.
Sponsored

Amerikitty

First Name
Cate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1967 Jeep Gladiator, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1979 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Application Administrator
Yes, mine is a manual with heated seats and steering wheel.
You can't get the remote-start, so you have to select Manual and then go back up and select the cold weather package. It will update the package and price to reflect the remote-start being taken off.

wbelong

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Anyone been able to order the heated seats with a manual tranny? Online builder requires an auto but I'd really like that combo.
I have the MT and the Cold Weather Package (heated seats and steering wheel)- The cold weather package with the MT is $300 less than the Cold Weather Package with the Auto since it eliminates the remote start feature.

solfrost

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator
Can confirm the above, I've got an Overland w/ heated seat+steering wheel with a stick

Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)

Kross

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 W250, 2006 XK
Online builder lets me option the manual with heated seats

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
Me four! Sport S with 6 speed and cold weather group. Sure wish it had the remote start, too. Seems that could have been combined with a neutral safety switch. Oh well. The seats and wheel sure felt good this AM!

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
Me four! Sport S with 6 speed and cold weather group. Sure wish it had the remote start, too. Seems that could have been combined with a neutral safety switch. Oh well. The seats and wheel sure felt good this AM!
Same complaint! Seems 1 line of code could have been used to add the remote start to manual trans. It already knows if it's in gear or not (for ESS purposes)

Sponsored

Amerikitty

First Name
Cate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1967 Jeep Gladiator, 1989 Jeep Cherokee, 1979 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Application Administrator
Same complaint! Seems 1 line of code could have been used to add the remote start to manual trans. It already knows if it's in gear or not (for ESS purposes)
I agree, and I've been looking for aftermarket ones, but everything I've found thus far says it has to be an automatic. :(

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
No one wants the liability involved with a remote start option on a vehicle with a manual transmission. Sure, you can use a sensor to determine if it is not in gear before starting, but there is no way to ensure that it doesn't get put in gear before the driver is seated and in full control.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
It is a bit more complicated than one line of code because the Gladiator can be started in gear with the clutch engaged (in 4WD-low). Since sales of remote start would be even smaller than the already minuscule five percent take rate for manual transmission owners, and since anyone who actually uses their rig off-road would likely prefer being able to crank the motor in gear over remote start, I suspect Jeep decided potential sales weren't worth the design and testing effort.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I have the heated seats and steering wheel and manual transmission. And when I was building mine in the many months leading up to Gobi availability, I never had a problem adding those options to my build. My only complaint is that the manual transmission knob isn't heated. Man, that knob can get cold! Obviously, just like remote start, Jeep was focused on the mainstream market. ;-)

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
As I've said, I have that combo. Never had a problem combining them on the Jeep.com builder and just did it there with no problem. Are you sure you're not confusing it with the remote start?

BTW, it's recently been reported that dealers are unable to order the manual at all!
Sponsored