Heater/AC blowing hot air at 60 or higher

butte72

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Volvo XC 90 T6, 2010 Audi A4
Just took delivery of our 2020 Gladiator last week and absolutely love it!

Has anyone had issues with hot air blowing out at settings of 60 or higher? If we bring it to Low and begin feeling cooler air and then increase to 65 it's fine for a moment. Then, hot air begins to blow and it feels the same if we have it set at 65 or 80.

Dealer looked at it and told us no codes showed up when analyzing and that there have been no issues reported, however this doesn't seem right. They recommended we drive it for a bit and see what happens.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Try doing a search. There are a lot of threads on this topic in both the JL and JT forums.

Slickxp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I have been in the same boat, try to find other posts or fixes but without any luck.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Just took delivery of our 2020 Gladiator last week and absolutely love it!

Has anyone had issues with hot air blowing out at settings of 60 or higher? If we bring it to Low and begin feeling cooler air and then increase to 65 it's fine for a moment. Then, hot air begins to blow and it feels the same if we have it set at 65 or 80.

Dealer looked at it and told us no codes showed up when analyzing and that there have been no issues reported, however this doesn't seem right. They recommended we drive it for a bit and see what happens.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks!
I have been in the same boat, try to find other posts or fixes but without any luck.
I have the same issue
Hi Skyler, Todd and Slickxp,
We do understand why this may be frustrating. We would be happy to have this documented and looked into further. Please feel free to send us a PM.
Alex
JeepCares

Sponsored

teneck83

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 1966 Corvette Roadster L72, 1969 Corvette Coupe L46, 1990 Mustang GT Roadster, 2013 Viper GTS Track Pack, 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
I have the same issue. If I start my temperature at a warmer setting, it will not decrease temperature unless I drop it all the way to low. Even at the setting 65 degrees it will still blow super hot. And that is with even the AC turned in. Once I get to low, it will blow cool.
This is very frustrating with a truck that has 200 miles.

teneck83

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 1966 Corvette Roadster L72, 1969 Corvette Coupe L46, 1990 Mustang GT Roadster, 2013 Viper GTS Track Pack, 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Hi Skyler, Todd and Slickxp,
We do understand why this may be frustrating. We would be happy to have this documented and looked into further. Please feel free to send us a PM.
Alex
JeepCares

Same exact problem here.

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
The more I think about this, the more sense it makes that it does this. The heating system is setting the ambient cabin temperature to the temp you select. In situations where the cabin is below 60, it has to heat the air to reach that temp. ā€œLowā€ just likely blows the coldest air the system can achieve regardless of the cabin temperature.

teneck83

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The more I think about this, the more sense it makes that it does this. The heating system is setting the ambient cabin temperature to the temp you select. In situations where the cabin is below 60, it has to heat the air to reach that temp. ā€œLowā€ just likely blows the coldest air the system can achieve regardless of the cabin temperature.
Itā€™s purely an assumption that your gladiator does not have this issue. There is not a logical reason that the air coming out of the vents blows heat (as if on HI setting) when thermostat is set to 65 degrees. Every one of my cars, which includes a 1966 L72 Corvette, at least has a fully working heater

Sponsored

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
Itā€™s purely an assumption that your gladiator does not have this issue. There is not a logical reason that the air coming out of the vents blows heat (as if on HI setting) when thermostat is set to 65 degrees. Every one of my cars, which includes a 1966 L72 Corvette, at least has a fully working heater
I should have been clearer. I too have noticed hot air coming out of the vents when set to 60 on days where the ambient temp is 30-40. Is it unintuitive? Yes, but it also makes some sense to me.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Same exact problem here.
Hi Ron,
We have received your private message and will continue assisting you from there.
Alex
JeepCares

OP
OP
butte72

butte72

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Volvo XC 90 T6, 2010 Audi A4
Hello everyone ..... I now have my Gladiator in again for the second time and they are getting Star involved, however I was just told everything checks out which makes no sense at all. I just left a message for my service case manager at Jeep Wave to discuss this further.

The loaner jeep I received while it was in the shop, which was a Sahara, had none of these issues. Air set anywhere between 60-68ish or so was not hot air. Not until I go above that did I begin to feel warmer air. The temp outside at this time was in the 20s so I was able to compare the Gladiator and the Sahara on the same day.

Also, if you set to 60 degrees and Auto, the air is hot the entire time .... never does it decrease in temp to make it feel comfortable.

I hope they figure this out.

Will keep updating as I find out more.

teneck83

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello everyone ..... I now have my Gladiator in again for the second time and they are getting Star involved, however I was just told everything checks out which makes no sense at all. I just left a message for my service case manager at Jeep Wave to discuss this further.

The loaner jeep I received while it was in the shop, which was a Sahara, had none of these issues. Air set anywhere between 60-68ish or so was not hot air. Not until I go above that did I begin to feel warmer air. The temp outside at this time was in the 20s so I was able to compare the Gladiator and the Sahara on the same day.

Also, if you set to 60 degrees and Auto, the air is hot the entire time .... never does it decrease in temp to make it feel comfortable.

I hope they figure this out.

Will keep updating as I find out more.
Iā€™d like to thank you. Please keep us updated.

teneck83

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked a Jeep mechanic about the problem we are having. Without looking at the car, he said it sounds like the blend door is not fully opening
Sponsored