Metrius

Metrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 HellaYella JLU Rubicon
I’ve never seen a yellow truck I liked.

mojito would get my attention
Which is why I want them to make one for me, not you! I agree with you on the mojito. If they release one, I will be hard pressed to wait to see how long until yellow is made.
I had the same dilemma when I bought my 2018 JLU. I almost bought the mojito, but decided to wait for hella yella. It was worth the wait, as I think there are few colors that look so good in the bright sunlight. The difference then was I knew it was coming that year, just didn't know when. Until the 2021 colors are announced, I won't know if it will be one or multiple years until a bright yellow JT will be made.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I have no problem with yellow I had a solar yellow TJ that I still wish I’d kept.

For a truck, another throwback color Inca Gold would be more fitting.
with a market downturn on the way I hope they narrow the color range personally

OP
OP
Metrius

Metrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like our tastes are opposite. I liked Inca Gold on TJs, but not sure if I would want it on a truck. I like the bright colors.

Sponsored

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
I want a yellow JT to go with my yellow TJ. I'm about to hit 200k miles in it (as of right now it's at 199,940 miles). Hurry up, Jeep! Make a hella yella JT so I can upgrade already!

Gunrunner72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ, 2002 HD Deuce, 2013 Corvette Z06, 2015 F-350, 2016 HD StreetGlide, 1980 CJ-7(sold), 1989 Cherokee(sold), 1985 CJ-7(sold)
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey
I want a yellow JT to go with my yellow TJ. I'm about to hit 200k miles in it (as of right now it's at 199,940 miles). Hurry up, Jeep! Make a hella yella JT so I can upgrade already!
I would buy one in yellow too. Like was stated before, I also tend to like brighter colors on Jeeps. The current color choices, outside of the standard gray, silver, white, black, red are kinda underwhelming.

APTOutdoors

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aptoutdoors.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator - Punk'n, 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - Dover Grey Metallic
Occupation
Sys Admin
I was trying to hold out for a Hella Yella/Solar Yellow one -- but the combination of that color and wanting a diesel made it seem like it would be unobtanium. Couple that with a car accident that totaled my JKU I was thrown into the market earlier. I wish Punk'n was a little more obnoxious like my Mango Tango. I guess FCA wanted to be a little more tame in their color palette.

I talked to several dealers locally that suggested Grey, White, and Khaki are their top sellers. I just don't know why...

OP
OP
Metrius

Metrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm undecided on Punk'n. In lots of photos it looks fantastic. But every time I see one in person, it isn't as bright as I would like it to be.

Foxtail

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport 2012 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited
I'm undecided on Punk'n. In lots of photos it looks fantastic. But every time I see one in person, it isn't as bright as I would like it to be.
Yup, that's exactly how I feel. I want to love it like I love my Orange Crush but every time I see it in person it looks like its orange with the color of coral pink blended into it or something, just not for me I guess. I will probably end up with the Hydro Blue Pearl unless some other colors are released by the time I'm ready to buy.

Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
For a truck, another throwback color Inca Gold would be more fitting.
with a market downturn on the way I hope they narrow the color range personally
If they made a 'Light Khaki Metallic' JT I'd be all over it :rock:
But I would be more than satisfied w/ Gator, if I can get a diesel one ordered&delivered by October

Last edited:
OP
OP
Metrius

Metrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will probably end up with the Hydro Blue Pearl unless some other colors are released by the time I'm ready to buy.
Hydro Blue is a great color, but I had a Hydro JK for a couple of years and I want something else. It did get lots of compliments. If they would put some Ocean Blue paint on a JT, I'd buy it.