Sponsored

Hello! And new OEM JT wheels question..

DecderMjT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 door
HI everyone, this is my first post. Longtime viewer of this great forum. I’m from Puerto Rico. Currently owner of a 2020 JL, contemplating about purchasing a new JT. Like everybody knows I live an island and everything arrive via ship. We are in short inventory too, until 3 days ago, when this shipment arrive and almost every Jeep dealer in Puerto Rico loaded with some JT.
Immediately caught my attention that the JT sport trim arrive with new different wheels. They’re listed as 17–Inch x 7.5–Inch Gloss–Black Aluminum Wheels. I really like them.
Here’s a couple of pics. Did new sport JT in the US come with these wheels? It is normal?

318915FD-19AC-4D94-9570-54AC4EB8E564.jpeg

95E087AF-9125-4168-9BBC-690747BB2E7B.jpeg

94821A76-39E8-47BB-8B2D-8E9DDB6E23EB.jpeg

71BC3851-A7F2-4D82-A724-4A1B15DD7EF3.jpeg

D0152DD3-E2B3-447F-824C-D0DD25F9E6D8.jpeg

E8199E86-BE0E-421F-AC27-9719324AEA35.jpeg
Sponsored

Chris262

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Auto Technician
I've never seen them with those wheels. Looks like a blacked out overland trim wheel

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
I'm pretty sure these are standard on the Sports right now. When I ordered mine in August it defaulted to the gloss black wheels. Another change I noticed with the Sport is they come with the black trail rated badge now like the Willys. I'm pretty sure they used to be silver

Sponsored

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Yea starting to see them too. I wonder if they received enough feedback that next to no one likes the silver wheels?
I thought those silver wheels and the plastic front bumper were strategic upgrade items - intentionally designed to motivate buyers to upgrade to higher trim levels 🤣

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea starting to see them too. I wonder if they received enough feedback that next to no one likes the silver wheels?
My guess is so close to the end of the MY they are using parts that they have an abundance of. Probably need to get rid of them before 2022 go into production.

I was looking at the Wrangler order guide and they have the Willys listed with black Moab wheels. Currently they run the same wheels that the launch edition had. So could be a change in standard wheels on the Sport Gladiator too.

I remember when the Sports started getting the Overland bumper with silver bezels. That was a rolling change that wasn't announced.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For reference these are the wheels that came on the Sport earlier in this MY when you took the gloss black option. They were just black Moabs. This is the one I ordered but didn't take delivery of.

Jeep Gladiator Hello! And new OEM JT wheels question.. 81138CBF-1CC8-43ED-8A1B-C1ECA0F85E01

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
My guess is so close to the end of the MY they are using parts that they have an abundance of. Probably need to get rid of them before 2022 go into production.

I was looking at the Wrangler order guide and they have the Willys listed with black Moab wheels. Currently they run the same wheels that the launch edition had. So could be a change in standard wheels on the Sport Gladiator too.

I remember when the Sports started getting the Overland bumper with silver bezels. That was a rolling change that wasn't announced.
Yea that makes sense. Either way it's a nice upgrade. If my sport came with them, I'd have just gotten new tires.

The sports always came with the overland bumper if you got color matched flares, which they made standard for '21

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea that makes sense. Either way it's a nice upgrade. If my sport came with them, I'd have just gotten new tires.

The sports always came with the overland bumper if you got color matched flares, which they made standard for '21
Ahhh didn't know that. I remember I started seeing some Sports with the Overland bumper and thought it was just a rolling change due to available parts.

Sponsored

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Ahhh didn't know that. I remember I started seeing some Sports with the Overland bumper and thought it was just a rolling change due to available parts.
At least I'm pretty sure. That's how mine came built back 3/20. Anytime I remember seeing people talk about removing the air dam, they had black fenders

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At least I'm pretty sure. That's how mine came built back 3/20. Anytime I remember seeing people talk about removing the air dam, they had black fenders
You know I first noticed the Overland bumper after first noticing the lack of the air dams on some.

Matts4313

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Max Tow
I've never seen them with those wheels. Looks like a blacked out overland trim wheel
From my conversation from with another user, those are the California rims. They were exclusive to cali models until about a month ago, but now they seem to be popping up on Sport S models all over. Not sure why or what determines them, but the rim code is WFP instead of WF6 and they cost $100 more.

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
The black Sport S wheels are the same wheel design as the Tech Silver wheels, just with a black finish. Jeep has the black wheels as standard, at one point the Tech Silver wheels were a no-cost option, but that is no longer the case. Looking at some photos those look like painted Overland wheels. I haven’t seen those around here so might be a new change before MY22.

The photo attached is what the current Sport S wheel looks like that I’ve seen on my local area.

6598CA9E-3D3E-4306-A21E-E9353F4A3B3A.jpeg

OP
OP
DecderMjT

DecderMjT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2 door
Thanks for the replies everyone. Thinking on pull the trigger on a sport s with those wheels, led and safety package instead of a Willys. Here in Puerto Rico the JT Willys come with the same sport tires, idk why… but it’s ridiculous. You have to change tires anyway…
Sponsored