Help a brother out I came from a zr2

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
So I’m ready to lift my diesel jt. Now here is the issue I’m having stock, one the diesels bottoming out especially if loaded with more then say 200 lbs of gear or while towing. Two, Having come from a diesel zr2 the soft floaty ride on my diesel Willys is well … shitty. Any of you that are familiar with the zr2 and it’s suspension fill me in as to if a Mopar lift will get me close to that nice dampened ride or will I spend the money and then want a set of far better shocks ?? I’m not going with big tires or looking to crawl. I use my truck to work and tow my camper that’s it!
Any suggestions as to what shocks to pair with the Mopar lift ? Get a different lift all together? I love my gladiator looks performance and tops off doors off fun, however I miss my zr2 suspension!!
Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
So I’m ready to lift my diesel jt. Now here is the issue I’m having stock, one the diesels bottoming out especially if loaded with more then say 200 lbs of gear or while towing. Two, Having come from a diesel zr2 the soft floaty ride on my diesel Willys is well … shitty. Any of you that are familiar with the zr2 and it’s suspension fill me in as to if a Mopar lift will get me close to that nice dampened ride or will I spend the money and then want a set of far better shocks ?? I’m not going with big tires or looking to crawl. I use my truck to work and tow my camper that’s it!
Any suggestions as to what shocks to pair with the Mopar lift ? Get a different lift all together? I love my gladiator looks performance and tops off doors off fun, however I miss my zr2 suspension!!
Don’t do it! ;)

OP
OP
Glad_he_ate

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Union electrician
I’m in the bottoming out thread already as well. I’m looking for users that have experience with both the multimatic dssv system as well as the Mopar lift with fox 2.5s

OP
OP
Glad_he_ate

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Union electrician

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
AEV or Clayton?

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
I went to the Rock krawler 3.0" adv and their RDD shocks for my ecoD and have been happy. I tow a small utility trailer so can't give much feed back on towing. RK gives a firmer ride then the stock and less floaty feeling, but is supple enough to not rattle fillings out of my head.

I think it's a better kit then mopar because it also comes with a front track bar and rear track bar relocation kit to recenter the axle under the truck. Only complaints i have :

I think their rear bump stop plates are a little tall and could be 1" less to give a little more up travel to the rear axle.

They include 2 rear spacers for the rear springs, the spacers are different heights, one for left one for right. This causes a slight lean on the rear, I plan to order a 2nd taller spacer to replace the shorter left spacer to get rid of the lean.

Last thing and its minor, I think they could use a little more weld on the sides of where the track bar bar is welded to the eylets. I don't think the lack of weld makes it weak, but it provides a avenue for salt, dirt and water to working there and rot/spall it from the inside. The front LCA's are similar.

Other then that, it's well made with strong materials, uses made in the usa springs and is pretty straight forward.

Also Rock Krawler is a NY company and only 2hrs from your house.
https://goo.gl/maps/8Go5RJ2isb2PJ9MA7

so it's worth driving there talking to someone and buying direct, might get a deal.

You may want to ask them about the welds and concerns about the NY salt getting into the seams, maybe they can weld the seams for you before powder coating.

I am a upstate transplant myself and makes me feel good to support NY business.

OP
OP
Glad_he_ate

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Union electrician
Aev looks to have good options but seems to be parts of the kits are on back order … Clayton looked like an awesome product but a bit overkill for my mostly on road use ?? Feel free to educate me. Or even post up links to stuff you suggest ?

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
What I was also told by the dealer is that even if you go with Mopar. You should buy the additional warranty that they offer. They said some dealers won't won't to work on it because of the "performance parts" that have put on. The warranty guarantees that it will be worked on. I call BS. They have to prove that the lift has been the cause of parts failure whatever it may be. Magnusson act I believe it's called. I was going to go Rock crawler but I heard the joints aren't the best. Maybe they have been upgraded. Clayton doesn't or at least not yet a diesel specific lift. AEV is rated for a full load all the time. I've been debating for almost a year now on how to proceed with my lift.

Sponsored

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
What I was also told by the dealer is that even if you go with Mopar. You should buy the additional warranty that they offer. They said some dealers won't won't to work on it because of the "performance parts" that have put on. The warranty guarantees that it will be worked on. I call BS. They have to prove that the lift has been the cause of parts failure whatever it may be. Magnusson act I believe it's called. I was going to go Rock crawler but I heard the joints aren't the best. Maybe they have been upgraded. Clayton doesn't or at least not yet a diesel specific lift. AEV is rated for a full load all the time. I've been debating for almost a year now on how to proceed with my lift.
There is a thread here about the joints and it seems RK worked hard at trying to fix the issue.

That said I went with their ADV kit that uses bushing and not flex joints at the LCAs to reduce the number of serviceable parts/wearable parts, plus I didn't need that extra few inches of articulation as I am not doing crazy rock crawling in my new rig.

Jeep Gladiator Help a brother out I came from a zr2 1648226987865

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
There is a thread here about the joints and it seems RK worked hard at trying to fix the issue.

That said I went with their ADV kit that uses bushing and not flex joints at the LCAs to reduce the number of serviceable parts/wearable parts, plus I didn't need that extra few inches of articulation as I am not doing crazy rock crawling in my new rig.

1648226987865.png
Adv? Got a link?

OP
OP
Glad_he_ate

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Union electrician
Edit aev ?? Lol

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
So many choices on their website. It's mind numbing. Now I see why. I have a Sport S Ecodiesel. You're in a Rubicon. Different types of lift options.
Sponsored