First Name
Karson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Radio
Are the hard tops that are color matched, painted their color or made their color? I mangled my white hard top and will need to buy a new one. The body shop believes they have to buy one and then paint it white.
Sponsored

Swatstar10

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK
They are painted. Mopar offers a primered top
ready for paint.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Are the hard tops that are color matched, painted their color or made their color? I mangled my white hard top and will need to buy a new one. The body shop believes they have to buy one and then paint it white.
They are correct. Whoever told you it was fixable in that other thread hasnā€™t worked on a Jeep hardtop before. Iā€™d recommend you lineX the new one instead of painting it. Makes it far more resilient

medic4army

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just sold my 2015 Wrangler. Currently I have a 2018 BMW X3 (wife's), a 2015 BMW F800GS (trying to sell this bike), and a 2019 BMW R1200 GS.
They are correct. Whoever told you it was fixable in that other thread hasnā€™t worked on a Jeep hardtop before. Iā€™d recommend you lineX the new one instead of painting it. Makes it far more resilient
How much did it cost you to LineX the top?

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
Is it better to line-x a black top, an unpainted top or a body color top?
Is the body color white top painted or just the raw top like the interior finish?
IF you want a wayout colored top - can you order it from the factory as a Gobi body color top on a Gator Gladiator?
Sponsored