Help Insurance company ripoff

nickd

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Bright White
I got rear-ended. The other guys insurance company gave me a quote for the repair work and they quoted the wrong rear bumper. I have a 2022 Rubicon with tow and steel front bumper.

My rear bumper is also steel, I confirmed by putting a magnet on it.
the insurance company is quoting this part
68341837AB

I believe I have this part:
82215634AD

this picture from the back of the bumper is no help.
Jeep Gladiator Help Insurance company ripoff 2DF10A2C-8370-468F-878D-836DB7E5C3E6
Sponsored

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
Got a couple of questions for you. Did you have the steel bumper from the factory? If so, then put your VIN into window sticker website, download it and send it to the insurance company. If you installed it as an upgrade, then find a receipt or have the seller send you a confirmation that you bought the steel bumper.

If that doesn't work, get your insurance involved. They should be your advocate in situations like this. It's why we pay our premiums every month.

Not sure of the laws in GA, but in CA we can take our work to whatever shop we want. You can get a quote from your preferred shop to show the discrepancy.

kad's_Glad

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mojave - Sting Gray
Occupation
Retired
Since a picture is "worth a thousand words" - can you send them a picture of your dented steel rear bumper along with an estimate from another body shop with the correct part number? A plastic rear bumper would have mostly cracked/broken type damage and not dented like steel so I'd think the picture could help your case.

If that doesn't work, or you don't have time for that, I think it's time to get your insurance company involved. That is one of the things you pay (and pay, and pay) them to do for you.

friskeljr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Air Force
I thought rear steel was standard on rubis. you shoukd be able to get your build sheet to show that.

Advntrbound

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Tell them you want new batteries as well. EVERY small rear end I've been, the battery failed shortly after.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you are rear ended, you are in control.

Remind them that if they play nice and make you whole, you will not sue them.

But if they try to dick you around, you will sue them and make life much more expensive for them.

They should listen.
I ended up suing the ins co of someone who hit me. Once they got the letter from the court the "nice" adjuster called me wanting to make a deal.

We went from aftermarket parts and no diminished value to factory new parts and $3000 in diminished value.

I only sued in small claims court. It cost me about $100 to file. Which they reimbursed me for as well as all my rental cars.

You do have a rental car, right?? Even if you don't have it on your insurance, they should be providing it for you to avoid you suing them.

Be a dick. Or you will get screwed.

I'm happy to talk some time if you want.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Georgia's max for small claims court is $10,000. That should get their attention. That is in addition to the stuff you agree on. Like most of the cost of fixing the Jeep.

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
Like others have said, as a claimant you are entitled to "like" replacement. Alternatively, go to a body shop that is going to repair your vehicle and you trust. Let them deal with it. The body shop will supplement them for the needed changes.

I did claims for years, people make mistakes. Maybe the appraiser simply clicked the wrong part in the estimating system. Not a big deal. Liek I said, thye body shop will supplement the insurance company directly.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Nope. I got plastic. But that gives me about 87 more ounces of payload!!!
Your rear is plastic? The rear is standard in metal. At least, it is now. I don't know when it started being standard, but the the only optional one is the front one now.

Sponsored

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT, 2020 Ram 2500, 2013 JKU
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
Make sure you get your diminished value from them as mention prior. They owe you for an accident being on your vehicle record.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Your rear is plastic? The rear is standard in metal. At least, it is now. I don't know when it started being standard, but the the only optional one is the front one now.
That’s kind of personal isn’t it?
Butt, yessir plastic. It’s a 2020 if that makes any difference?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Got a couple of questions for you. Did you have the steel bumper from the factory? If so, then put your VIN into window sticker website, download it and send it to the insurance company. If you installed it as an upgrade, then find a receipt or have the seller send you a confirmation that you bought the steel bumper.

If that doesn't work, get your insurance involved. They should be your advocate in situations like this. It's why we pay our premiums every month.

Not sure of the laws in GA, but in CA we can take our work to whatever shop we want. You can get a quote from your preferred shop to show the discrepancy.
Rubicon comes with steel rear bumper so yes, he did. He has a Rubicon.

I ran into issues when my father was killed and we dealt with insurance over his Ford Ranger. They kept calling it a long wheel base, no tow package and so on. Clearly it was the short wheel base (worth a lot more) and the tow package was obvious by just looking.
Took weeks and several emails and phone calls to finally get them to see the truth.
I even emailed them the freakin' window sticker! They finally relented. It meant 6K more.

OP
OP
nickd

nickd

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Bright White
I am going to keep fighting this battle but it's infuriating. I told the insurance company I wanted to do the repair work myself. I didn't want to take it to a shop. I gave them a list of items that were damaged: here it is:
Jeep Gladiator Help Insurance company ripoff 25F9C362-EC3C-4FD9-BB41-4E350F54A9B0
Sponsored