Sponsored

help me choose lift

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
Ive decided to lift my JT. Im currently on 37s and love it but want to add 2.5 lift. I definitely dont want to go higher than that but Im torn on systems. I do not like budget lifts so I want a full system. I do minor offroading so I'll admit lift is mostly for looks. On road handling is probably my top priority.

I love the metalcloak system, but it doesnt lift the rear. If I went that route what would you guys do to lift the rear?

That leaves JKS or Rockkrawler 3 inch systems. I know theres also rubicon express that has a few options, but Im not seeing any feedback on their systems. I'd be very interested to hear back on them.
Which route knowing my goal is minor off road with improvement/maintaining on road manners.

Thanks a ton.
Sponsored

Capt. B

First Name
Captain B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator, 2002 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Gobi Edition
Ive decided to lift my JT. Im currently on 37s and love it but want to add 2.5 lift. I definitely dont want to go higher than that but Im torn on systems. I do not like budget lifts so I want a full system. I do minor offroading so I'll admit lift is mostly for looks. On road handling is probably my top priority.

I love the metalcloak system, but it doesnt lift the rear. If I went that route what would you guys do to lift the rear?

That leaves JKS or Rockkrawler 3 inch systems. I know theres also rubicon express that has a few options, but Im not seeing any feedback on their systems. I'd be very interested to hear back on them.
Which route knowing my goal is minor off road with improvement/maintaining on road manners.

Thanks a ton.
May I suggest a Rough Country spacer lift? Its about 1/2 the price of putting in the springs but like you, it was more important to me to have the factory ride than hard 4 wheeling. However, if you are going to do a lot of 4 wheeling, I would go with the Springs. Here's mine with a 3.5 inch lift and 35" tires and it rides really well.

Glad.jpg

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
If I had the choice it be the evo 2.5” or the RK pro 3”. Also I would replace the steering components ie; tie rod, trackbar, and drag link.

OP
OP

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
Also I’m pushing metal cloak as they have the duraflex. I love not having to grease. I’m thinking of just doing the same 2.5 level with the daystar 3/4 in the rear. Thoughts?

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Also I’m pushing metal cloak as they have the duraflex. I love not having to grease. I’m thinking of just doing the same 2.5 level with the daystar 3/4 in the rear. Thoughts?
personally i think that would look nose high. I did the alloy usa 1.5in front and daystar 3/4in in rear and it has just a slight rake with the nose down.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
I agree. Just the metal cloak 3.5 is too much lift. I hate that the 2.5 system is a level. Really wish it was a fill system. I woulda bought a while ago.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Call Metalcloak and see if they are or can adapt their GC lift to the 2.5” height.

personally I’ve been running a 2.5” spacer lift from fat bobs garage. While it’s been okay and allowed my 37’s to be put on, it’s a nightmare for long road trips to keep on the road... I have a whole GC 3.5” sitting at home waiting for me until I get back home from work. I went the whole lift because it will help fix any issues with suspension geometry and the 3.5” will be perfect for what “I” want my Jeep to handle.

OP
OP

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
I already did. They claim to not offer anything They claimed the rake is exactly 2.5 inch so they didn’t see a need.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Call Metalcloak and see if they are or can adapt their GC lift to the 2.5” height.

personally I’ve been running a 2.5” spacer lift from fat bobs garage. While it’s been okay and allowed my 37’s to be put on, it’s a nightmare for long road trips to keep on the road... I have a whole GC 3.5” sitting at home waiting for me until I get back home from work. I went the whole lift because it will help fix any issues with suspension geometry and the 3.5” will be perfect for what “I” want my Jeep to handle.

Your concern is about an inch?

Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Your concern is about an inch?
no my concern is that going 75 mph down a 2 lane road hitting a bump and I’m flying into the opposite lane in front of a semi... which happened when I drove up here... I’m doing the lift and full on replacement of steering components to make my Jeep geometry correct so it will drive down the road with no issues.

MEOIT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jt Rubicon
I already did. They claim to not offer anything They claimed the rake is exactly 2.5 inch so they didn’t see a need.
Strange I called them and they said you could buy the parts to build a 2.5" gc kit.

Insert_Clever_Name_Here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2016 Jeep JKU, 2020 JT Rubicon
I'd say go Evo or Rock Krawler OP. Both are great choices. I went Evo solely on the fact that I wanted 4.5"+.

OP
OP

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
Yes you can build it but they don’t offer anything for rear under 3.5 lift. The front kit comes with a lot of stuff it just has nothing for the rear
Sponsored